shadow

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

"Eddie ! "

     AN ACHING HOLLOWNESS replaced the light, love and laughter that once flared in the atmosphere

    AN ACHING HOLLOWNESS replaced the light, love and laughter that once flared in the atmosphere. Valentina Paulman held herself together, every string and thread that was close to snapping as she strode through the city's busy roads.

An evening of cold, Valentina wrapped herself in coat, tugging at it to keep herself warm, full of something than the empty hollowness inside her. Not a word had she heard from him since, a couple of days, Valentina felt lost.

Dazed and lost, dead, empty, so many words to describe how she felt but none to describe the pain. She'd ignored every call that didn't have his name on it, however was curious as to why Ro hadn't answered her the past few days.

Perhaps exams had caught her up, Valentina knew well than to dump her problems all on Ro when she must be stressed with her own problems.

The lights flickered as she entered her apartment building, a plastic bag in her hand of Oreos and a bunch of candy for Halloween, not that she would be pleased to smile at children as they held their baskets to her.

Valentina's fingers trembled and shivered as she fiddled with the key, eager to escape the cold and enter the warmth. Her house, a house of warmth she didn't particularly enjoy certainty not without him.

As Valentina stumbled into the house, she examined the area, throwing the bags onto the  counter before looking around at her house. Alone once again, Saanvi had left somewhere and Valentina felt the silence creep into her.

Her eyes pulled out the things she'd bought, dumping the bags of candy into a bowl decorated with pumpkins. A sigh escaped her lips as she threw the other contents in the trash before heading to her room.

Valentina Paulman's mind did it's best to block out his face, any memories that in included him were immediately vanished, dumped away, thrown out.

After pulling her shirt off, her eyes plastered to her scar. Swallowing a lump down her throat, Valentina realised she no longer felt comfortable about it, she didn't feel comfortable about any bit of her body now that he was gone, now that he hated her.

Valentina's fragile body jolted in its place as the doorbell rung through her ears, tugging her pants upwards, Valentina strode in her pyjama pants to grab ahold of the bowl and open the door.

"Trick or Treat!" Blonde, missing a few teeth and rather too young to be alone, a boy squealed at the sight of the candy approached to him. His small hand managed to grab as much, placing it into his bowl before he thanked her and ran off, the only thing that had brought her a smile ever since.

Just before walking away from the closed door, Valentina's body jolted once again at the other ring, so sudden and quick. Her brown hair whirled with her as she turned to open the door, brows crossing once she realised nobody was there.