together

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐄𝐍

" be with me. "

        VALENTINA PAULMAN reverently rubbed her slender fingers along the silken mattress

        VALENTINA PAULMAN reverently rubbed her slender fingers along the silken mattress. Her cheek was pressed against the white pillows. Warmth from both the body pressed against her and the sun that seeped through the window shone on them. Her body hadn't been this comforted in months neither did a smile ever tug at her lips.

But today felt different as she took in the crisp scent of the morning air, refreshing ever bit of her body and regenerating the energy that had been saved up through the night.

Her body shifted and turned around to face him. Meeting the kind of face that would stop you in your tracks. So peaceful, so beautiful and yet she could easily spot the thin scars that hid among the details on his face. The hairs of his eyebrows perfectly aligned and the fine structure of his distinct cheekbones and angular jaw.

Valentina couldn't lie to herself and gladly admit that he was devilishly handsome. A spark inside her burst as she recalled last night. An evening she'd forever remember and she would hope it would always bring happiness to her heart as she felt now. An evening where the two connected and confessed their interest in one another with actions, not words.

The evening was exquisite, incredible and Valentina felt her cheeks heat as she recalled every detail of it. Remembering how his hands felt against her skin, caressing her and caring for her as if she happened to be treasure, a luxury.

It'd been ages since she felt that way since she'd even slept with someone and felt that spark. With Chase, it faded immediately after the accident but Eddie felt different. It felt lighter, stronger and he'd been so gentle with her delicate body that made her enjoy it even more.

There his arms laid wrapped around her bare waist, her entire body naked and she didn't mind. For once she was confident. The emphasis of his care along the scar. That long streak of a cloudy white that humiliated her in front of him as he examined it in a matter of seconds. But as always, Eddie surprised her as his fingers traced over it gently before placing kisses along it.

No more pain stung at the remembrance of its existence, but instead was replaced with the feeling of his lips against her skin, against the mark of a nightmare.

Eddie Brock shifted as the light hit his face, illuminating his right side and adding light to his eyes as they fluttered open and met hers. "Mmm," He let out a groan, his lips widening as he grinned at the sight of her. "Morning."

Valentina giggled and placed a hand to his cheek. "Morning." She whispered, her voice low and raspy.

So peaceful, it was just an easy and quiet morning. Eddie yawned and rubbed his eyes, adjusting to the difference in lighting as his body shifted onto his back. It was a miracle that Valentina hadn't died at the look of his muscular body last night or at his touch.