you

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄

" for being you "

           IF ONLY VALENTINA had known of Saanvi's immediate plans when she got a chance to talk to Eddie, she would have hidden him away or kicked him out

IF ONLY VALENTINA had known of Saanvi's immediate plans when she got a chance to talk to Eddie, she would have hidden him away or kicked him out. However, everyone who knew the gorgeous Indian would know very well that once she caught you, it was impossible to escape her wrath.

There was no rewinding back and boy did she wish she could do so as Saanvi had invited Eddie over to their special movie night that always took place in the Overcrest Cinemas, just a few blocks away that had its own old-fashioned movie themed look.

So, Valentina now stood in front of the mirror as she watched the snipped strands of her umber colored hair fall to the floor in such delicacy and grace, joining the rest of the hair that circled her feet. Her shoulders felt bare, cold where her hair always rested over and covered her back too. But now, her perfectly trimmed tips brushed against the top of her shoulders as she grimaced in the mirror and blinked at the new look.

A daring thing to do, an act of defiance against herself and her goal of growing it longer. However, there was certainly no harm in taking a big step and putting effort to beautify herself, especially tonight.

Although it seemed creepy enough, Valentina couldn't resist taking in that scent of Eddie's neck as she buried her face into it and cried, allowing the pain to erupt inside her chest, her tears to stain his skin and the rest of his clothes, her fragile body to be held in his arms as he embraced her with his warmness.

His sudden choice of care had made her heart jump, her feelings explode in confusion with the mix of the pain she felt from Chase's encounter, from the remembrance of her lost child.

Valentina took a deep breath and placed the sharp silver scissors on the sink, her fingers brushing through the strands of her smooth hair. She wished it was his instead, she missed him, she missed his warmth and his guarantee of safety.

But then came the negative thoughts of commitment and Chase. Dear god, how he'd ruined everything for her, her trust in others, her fear in allowing people into her heart. Everything was ruined because of him. Because of that asshole.

A knock on the door caused her body to jolt in place, grasping her from her thoughts and pulling her away. It was no surprise that Saanvi had been waiting, arms folded and with a smirk that suddenly disappeared as she examined Valentina's new hair.

"Wow, a hair cut? Eddie Brock must be very important then huh?" She joked around, the smirk returning to her face as Valentina rolled her eyes and walked back to clean up the hair that was scattered on the floor in hills and trails.

"He's just a friend Saan." She retorted, tossing the strands into the bin, letting go of her old self, of her past along with it.

Saanvi snorted and walked away, opening her closet and pulling out a bunch of clothes in preparation for tonight's outfit. It was typical of her to care so much of what she wore, especially when Lyle now joined along and even after years of dating, she still had to look her best.