unravelled truth

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐈𝐗

" what the hell is going on, Eddie? "

           VALENTINA PAULMAN allowed her nails to tap against the edge of her wine glass, listening quietly to the audio to the movie that played

           VALENTINA PAULMAN allowed her nails to tap against the edge of her wine glass, listening quietly to the audio to the movie that played. Her mind occupied with the concerned thoughts that suffocated her.

Movie night, once again on the typical Sunday every week. Saanvi brought Lyle and Cole brought another one of his 'friends' along, but as always Valentina sat in the middle, alone and cuddled to the pillow.

While she secretly desired for Eddie to accompany her, hanging with her friends and laughing along, feeling special that only she knew of his secret. All she could think about was the sight of the twisted body.

Nobody had talked about it when they came over, they just continued on with their lives as if they hadn't heard about it. Perhaps it was their way of coping, moving on with their lives as they silently thanked God that it wasn't them. But the idea of it frustrated her.

More flashes of the twisted and distorted body appeared in her head, a shiver running up her spine, the hairs on the nape of her neck curling. Nobody human would've thought of such a thing, such a way to commit murder.

It was as if they'd taken their time with it, enjoying the art of killing, painting with the victim's blood and opening up their insides like a chest with luxurious treasury.

The sudden ring of the doorbell made her body jump in place, reminding her of the night when Eddie made his first appearance after she'd discovered Venom.

Saanvi was quick to rise before Valentina was, walking along towards the door and opening it. Valentina couldn't read her expression with her back facing towards her, but she tilted her head which Val assumed she must've been confused with who was at the door.

"Val, they're for you." She called out, but rather than the happy look that Valentina had expected, Saanvi gave off a concerned one, slowly walking away from the door and wording a 'what did you do'.

Valentina gulped, confusion hit her hard as she approached the door and blinked, seeing a lady stood in a suit. Her straight blonde hair was short, brushing against the tips of her padded shoulders from her blazer.

"Valentina Paulman, a word please." The lady said politely, but her voice indicated that there was no other choice than accepting. "Follow me."

Closing the door behind her, Valentina followed the blonde lady, she was quite shorter than her but walked with confidence and pride. Her eyes squinted at the sight of the black van that was parked ahead, revealing other men as the door slid open.

It was instinct that pulled her inside, sitting down in between two men with the lady opposite her. She pulled out a badge, FBI and Valentina gulped at the sight of it. She was practically sweating by now.