eyes on me

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

"Eyes on me, "

     LIKE AN ANNOYED RATTLESNAKE, the vibrations of Eddie Brock's cell phone rattled through the oak of the night desk beside his bed, annoying him for the tenth time

Phone call after phone call after phone call, all by the same person, Valentina Paulman. Her name not only greeted him with a burst of pain and anger, but a hiss in his head by none other than Venom himself.

Curses were repeated in his head by the voice of the Symbiote, name after name. Cunt, bitch, liar. And so on. Most of the time, Eddie found himself yelling out to Venom for the irritation he brought him.

"Kill her," Venom hissed, his floating head drifting within the air, defying gravity. "She lied and betrayed us, who knows what she told them! She didn't keep that stupid deal up!"

Eddie rolled his eyes, wallowing away on his couch, watching the actions move through his screen, but he processed nothing. "No, we're not killing her. You forget that she's the woman I-..." Eddie gulped at the four letter word that ached his heart, that he held back. "That she's important to me."

"Was!" Venom snapped, "You fool, she's gone off and spilled every bit of information to people who could kick down our door and shoot us on the spot and you have the idiocy to love her?!"

Eddie huffed in distress, letting out the rage and anger he bottled up at his best friend. "Yes I love her! And if I'm a fool for it then so be it!"

Venom went silent, so did Eddie, folding his arms as he sat and stared at the ground. The phone went silent, had been for an hour at least yet Eddie hadn't noticed over Venom's bickering and scolding.

"Valentina Paulman is an enemy. I advise you lose whatever feelings you have for her now, it won't help you when you see her in shreds after my teeth." Venom threatened, seeping back inside Eddie before he could snap back, threaten him.

Eddie Brock sighed heavily, rubbing his face, holding back his tears. He loved her. Did he? That was something he'd let go after Anne, something he didn't want to feel. But the word he blurted, he didn't know if he meant it. It was out of rage, out of anger and protection.

He shook his head, standing up and grabbing his phone along with him before walking out. Away from the house of memories, from the kitchen they'd kissed in, the living room they laughed in, the bed they'd slept in. All of it contained memories of her, of Valentina Paulman.

⋆⋅☆⋅⋆

Eddie had found himself in a supermarket that Eddie mostly hung out in. Mrs. Chen has greeted him with a Hello that was finally calm and settling, seeming that she took in the sudden scene of the man being eaten, a bad man and at the reveal of Venom.