compulsion

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐓𝐖𝐎

"Valentina Paulman, haven't you done enough?"

        LIKE TWINKLING STARS in a sky of dark night, the shards scattered around the air, floating as if they defied gravity

        LIKE TWINKLING STARS in a sky of dark night, the shards scattered around the air, floating as if they defied gravity. Valentina's eyes widened with wonder and astonishment, what a beauty for something so dangerous.

It wasn't until the ground hit her that she was slammed back into reality. Valentina stood up with a groan, she couldn't stall any longer. Her arms ached with the small cuts she'd received thanks to those twinkling stars, but she disregarded the pain. There were more important matters.

Her back pressed against the wall, Valentina Paulman held her breath as she scurried along the corridor, in search for any familiar voices but also cautious of her surroundings. Being caught would result in her death, in all their deaths.

Faint whispers sounded just ahead, perfect. Valentina took a few steps forward, a glass window ahead that was much larger than the one of her cell. She took cover behind the boxes stacked atop, body sucked in and held straight as she listened carefully.

"Something has to be different about him, we need him to make the girl a host. Same thing we did to Chase Montgomery." Simone. Her voice was detectable anywhere. Valentina grit her teeth in anger, how badly she wanted to tear out her throat.

Footsteps...fast footsteps. Valentina held her breath, eyes darting in every possible direction but no figure was to be seen. A sound exhaled from the door, like pressure being let go as it opened.

"What is it?" Simone inquired, her heels clicking against the quartz tiles.

"Something's happened with the other hostage. There's glass everywhere." His voice was hesitant, shaky as if he were to lose his job.

Simone sighed heavily. "Valentina." She growled, her heels clicking louder as she stomped off this time and out of the door.

Valentina took the chance to slip inside the moment Simone had her back turned away. Nothing would really distract her from the goal of finding her. Her eyes settled on Eddie Brock's crystalline eyes. Nothing human contained in them.

"Eddie.." Valentina whispered, approaching him quickly and taking ahold of his wrist. There he was, strapped to a chair with a dozen tubes and wires coming from the tape at his head and his chest. "Eddie."

Valentina bit down on her lip nervously, observing the equipment around him, not knowing what to pull and keep. She was always awful at medical equipment, hospitals terrified her after the surgeries of the crash.

Still, Valentina pushed down the anxiety and took the risk, yanking the wires off of Eddie's body, the machines data mixing up with the unreadable results. She didn't care though.