princesses

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

"i'm not a princess that needs to be rescued-"

   A GIGGLE escaped her lips as Saanvi Ahuja said goodbye to her lover on the phone for the fourth time before hanging up, stuffing her phone into her bag and walking down the crowded street of the city

   A GIGGLE escaped her lips as Saanvi Ahuja said goodbye to her lover on the phone for the fourth time before hanging up, stuffing her phone into her bag and walking down the crowded street of the city. Her dark curls bounced up joyfully with every step she took, her heels clicking against the cement ground.

She'd spent the past evenings with Lyle, after her best friend, Valentina had dismissed her with a huff and scolded her for being so attached. Luckily, Valentina reassured her of Eddie's care and had shooed her out of the house, allowing her to visit Lyle and earn a few wild evenings with him.

Her eyes disregarded every individual, chin up, back straight, filled with pride and confidence. A fearless tiger. Saanvi smirked as she walked down the evening crowd, the streetlights adding the extra glimmer to her hair that danced between a brown and black.

It was bothersome trying to locate her boyfriend's house, and though she rather preferred taking a cab, she found herself unable to wait for one, especially knowing at this hour they'd most likely be occupied with drunk teens and perverted drivers, thirsty for any woman or man to pass by.

She hadn't heard a word from Valentina, not a call received and she's forgotten to call her tonight, just to check up despite her friend's refusals.

Saanvi stopped at an ATM machine, humming lightly as she awaited for her turn to swipe some cash. Knowing very well to keep some extra in her wallet just in case. Her foot tapped impatiently, awaiting for the transfer of money and glancing around in wait.

A glimmer of a figure caught her eye, reflected from the camera above her. Someone right behind the person behind her, staring at her figure. Glasses, dark hair, he seemed...intriguing. Dangerous.

Saanvi calculated a plan in her head immediately, thinking of ways to overcome the danger that tingled in her chest. With a quick swipe of her cash and taking back her card, Saanvi was quick to tuck her wallet away before heading off down the street.

She was aware of the dangers in the city, especially in the evening. The rapists, the junkies and the drug dealers, the murderers, the robbers. Those people lurked in the shadows with their eyes on their prey, awaiting for an appropriate moment to strike and snatch, take ahold of their victim.

Saanvi sighed heavily, brushing another strand away from her face as she continued to walk down, taking a couple of curves here and there, in hopes of loosing track anyone. Still, those very footsteps rang through her ears, keeping her guard on alert.

Another curve, another turn towards a narrow alleyway between two buildings. Good enough for her, as long as she got to safety. Saanvi breathed out cautiously, looking back for a quick moment, nothing. But she wouldn't let her guard down just yet, not until she was at Lyle's house, not until she was safe.