we'll do better

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄

" 𝒘𝒆'𝒍𝒍 𝒅𝒐 𝒃𝒆𝒕𝒕𝒆𝒓. "

      HAND PRESSED TO HER STOMACH, Simone breathed out heavily and winced at the wound excessively bleeding after being stabbed with one of the Symbiote's dried shards

HAND PRESSED TO HER STOMACH, Simone breathed out heavily and winced at the wound excessively bleeding after being stabbed with one of the Symbiote's dried shards. Her fist clenched tightly, urging herself to get back up, to finish what her husband, Carlton Drake, had started.

Her blonde hair was stained with blood that seeped from her head and glass bits from the broken window that she'd been slammed into. This wasn't over, she ordered to herself. He wouldn't have died for nothing, she had to avenge him, avenge the work he'd done, he'd sacrificed everything for this, including herself.

Simone Drake stood up, grunting at the strike of pain that she chose to ignore and limped towards the door of the enclosed area, walking out to observe the guards that run after their hostages.

She wouldn't allow them to escape, she wasn't playing this game again. They were here, they had to be finished. Simone growled under her breath as she looked up to the several screens that reflected the live camera recordings of the area. Her crystalline eyes settled on the main exit, one that she knew would cause her trouble.

All she had to do was capture them before self destructing this place, demolishing it into non-existence and starting somewhere new. A grin curved to her lips as she thought of the surprise she could make of her comeback, especially with Eddie Brock's Symbiote and the hostages as the army's first hosts.

Simone raised her hand as her eyes locked onto the red button to self destruction. The long temptation to press it was about to be satisfied, as any red button did to a person. She breathed in, for this could be her last breaths, regardless of how hard she fought for it.

Her hand fell to the surface of the button, pressing it down and listening for the blast of the alarms and the red lights, the dimming of the blue main ones and the darkening of the hallways.

She wasn't a failure, no.

◦ ✤ ◦

Valentina Paulman's heart raced faster than Venom's running speed. Her hair flew in front of her face, whipping back and forth as she was carried through the never ending hallways.

Something was wrong and she knew it. Her fist clenched tightly around Venom's arm that kept her off her feet, eyes searching everywhere for any sight of her sister, but all she could see were cells of the past prisoners, labs where Symbiotes had failed and more technology she couldn't really identify.

Valentina attempted to block out the calls of desperation from the guards that ran after them, not being able to shoot at him yet due to being too far to catch their target. This was good enough, at least they had a head start.