more

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓

" because she was more.. "

           HAD VALENTINA KNEW beforehand of Chase's appearance, she would have avoided his way

           HAD VALENTINA KNEW beforehand of Chase's appearance, she would have avoided his way. But now it was too late and the Valentina felt her stomach drop inside her, her body freeze and her hand squeeze Eddie's.

Oh how it pained her to see his face. That face that she had once loved but now hated with a burning passion.

There he stood, arms folded as he tapped his foot impatiently with a smug look across his face that Valentina desperately wanted to claw off.

"Val, I've been waiting for you." He said, surprising even Eddie at the statement. "You wouldn't answer your phone."

"What're you doing here, Chase?" She asked, body still in place but her back straightened and her chin rose.

Eddie had easily figured what rank this man stood in in Valentina's head. With her bitter tone and the tight grasp, he already disliked him, maybe even more than Valentina did and he didn't need to know why.

While his fist clenched and his other hand returned the squeeze, informing the brunette female that he stood with her and had her back, Valentina's gaze was locked on the man who claimed to be Chase.

"I didn't know you found someone already? Or is he just someone to occupy your evening?"

Valentina could have sworn she heard Eddie growl, or perhaps it was Venom. She wouldn't mind if Venom tore Chase's head in a split second, but instead, Valentina breathed in and let go of Eddie's hand, it was like losing a limb.

Finally, she broke the gaze between her and Chase as she looked back at Eddie and he nodded, getting the message as he backed away and allowed the two to converse by walking into the supermarket that was behind them.

But just because he allowed the two their privacy, it didn't mean he'd take his eyes off of her and he didn't.

"You don't have to know anymore, you left, remember?"

"Oh come on, you were in pain and you wouldn't listen to me," There it was, that word, listen. "Besides she was just somebody to take care of the sexual things, nothing more."

"I don't care, that was a year ago, it doesn't matter now."

"Exactly. Hey, Val, why don't you leave that prick behind and come home with me?" He hadn't known how much he'd hurt her. That day he decided it was okay to leave her behind and move on.

Valentina hesitated when he gently took ahold of her wrist and taking a step back only tightened his grip. "No, Chase. Just leave me alone." She muttered, tears welling in her eyes as the door in her mind creaked open. The door that had been sealed at the start of this year, when she'd made a resolution to get over him, to lock away the pain and start over.