where else

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄

" I didn't know where else to go "

       WRITERS BLOCK, a true killer

WRITERS BLOCK, a true killer. An infectious disease that stuck with her for months. Nothing inspired her. The world seemed bland, empty, normal? As if it were all controlled but nothing interesting, nothing peculiar to extract from it.

Valentina Paulman placed her pen down and rested her head upon the palm of her hand, a sigh seeping out of her mouth filled with exhaustion. What had she become? Nothing more than an empty lady, lifeless and boring.

Her attention lifted from the paper to the giggles that broke out as her friend stumbled in. Her keys jingling in her fingers and her dark hair bouncing with every step she took. "Val~" She sang as she walked towards her friend, her heels thumping against the tiles before she stopped to lean on the counter opposite her best friend. "Guess what?"

A smile tugged at Valentina's lips, pausing for a moment before she chuckled. "You're finally getting married?"

"No, but I was just asked to spend the weekend at Lyle's parents house." She bragged, propping her head onto her elbow.

Valentina frowned for a moment, but immediately turned it into a fake pout, she couldn't tell Saanvi what happened yesterday...could she? "So I'm going to be all alone?"

"Come on~ it's not the first time. Besides," Saanvi began, an evil grin covering her features. "You'll get the chance to bring home some lucky guy, go wild around the house."

Valentina rolled her eyes at the wink she was given, standing up and shaking her head. "Yeah yeah, oh we'll go wild alright." She just couldn't. It was awkward approaching a man with lustful intentions or even taking interest. The fear of commitment scarred her and she hated it.

But at times, Valentina Paulman enjoyed being alone, being to herself, an independent woman. She enjoyed the fact that she got along well on her own, without needing that bastard, that man whore.

Letting her friend go after she'd given her a peck on her cheek, Valentina brushed her fingers through her hair. For a split second, just a dash of a moment, she considered what it would be like having somebody over for dinner.

It felt weird and it made her feel nauseous, but she sucked it in and took a deep breath, walking after her friend into Saanvi's room and watching her pack happily.

Saanvi took a long moment to stare at the lit screen of her phone, her perfect nails tapping against the glass as she typed away in a hurry. Valentina sat on the edge of the bed, still in her pyjamas as she tilted her head in curiosity.

"You telling him how sad you are to leave me all alone?" She asked, but hadn't expected the answer she'd gotten.

Saanvi snickered and turned her phone towards Valentina, reflecting a photo of a handsome man. "Yeah, but how lucky Kane's going to be tonight for dinner. Right. Here."