dangerous beings

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍

" he knew he was dangerous too "

           IT WAS NO DOUBT that Valentina Paulman had immediately began to rethink over the task that had been forced upon her as she sat on her bed with Eddie Brock opposite her, crossed legs as they discussed the recent body and opened up an inv...

           IT WAS NO DOUBT that Valentina Paulman had immediately began to rethink over the task that had been forced upon her as she sat on her bed with Eddie Brock opposite her, crossed legs as they discussed the recent body and opened up an investigation of their own.

And while the others outside were wondering who the hell Eddie Brock was and what the two were doing spending hours inside together, they didn't dare interfere as they were happy for their friend had found someone.

But there the two sat, looking over the captured shots of the body and the interview with the police department on the body, looking over clues and other hints that could direct them to any sort of idea or conclusion.

"Jesus," Valentina sighed as she rested her head in her hands, quite disgusted by the scene but so used to looking over it by now. "Who the hell would even think of such a thing it's disgusting."

Eddie glanced at her, but had no words. None other than the annoying voice of Venom who continuously encouraged him to make a move, calling him a pussy and a coward every now and then for not listening to what Eddie thought was 'crappy advice'.

"So far we've got that his ways of killing must have taken time, so he wasn't in a hurry and he obviously chose to do it in such a way." She stated, rubbing her head as she stared at the gruesome sight.

"What if we visited the scene? He took his time since it was at some place nobody really knows about,, there's some way of escaping that's gotta guarantee him of not being seen at all."

Although Valentina was weary of the idea, she still nodded and agreed to it and within a flash, the two quickly stood up and headed out the doors, with no explanation to Val's friends who blinked in confusion as they closed the door before they could think of words to say.

With the cold evening and the strangers that walked past them, either in a hurry or just too distracted with something else, Valentina felt the need to stay close to Eddie. But her thoughts still wandered off to the device she had placed in the drawer beside her bed, the device that drew a line in their friendship, the device that would ruin everything.

Perhaps it seemed selfish of what she was doing, but her sister mattered more than anybody. Ro's life was on the line and Valentina couldn't risk it because of stupid feelings that were beginning to form.

However, the quick action had distracted her from her thoughts. A hand gripping her arm before the side of her body was pressed against something, his body.

Valentina felt the blood rushing to her cheeks as they heated up with a tint of crimson, praying that he couldn't see them in the light given by the street lamps.

But Eddie just chuckled, letting go and keeping his hands to himself. "Careful." Was all he said as he continued to walk on and she continued to follow.

Valentina felt a chill run up her spine as they entered the crime scene. Nobody was there but they were smart enough to know they couldn't tamper with anything, only observe and examine the area they were in, the scene they were at.

The chalk marking of the body's position gave a flash of memory to the photo, but it disgusted her how they left the blood smeared everywhere, splattered, as a masterpiece left to witness and praise.

Scanning around, her eyes made sure to catch on every little detail. From the small dots of blood that stained the walls to the piece of wood that was circled next to the couch.

The crime scene was clearly abandoned, old and unused. If someone were to have lived here it would've been someone to be passing by, or a runaway, perhaps even a homeless that had finally found shelter.

"Val." Eddie called out and by habit, Val shot her head towards him quickly. Her eyes trailed to Eddie as he stood under the stairs, squinting with confusion while she thought of possible reasons for her calling.

"That way." He spoke, pointing to the door just under. It was small, but ajar and Eddie had quickly pushed it and revealing stairs with darkness in the atmosphere.

Pitch black, nothing but the flashlight of Eddie's phone to add a glimpse of light. Still, him being privileged with Venom's protection that added to his bravery, he walked right into it and Valentina followed hesitantly.

She couldn't help but pinch the fabric of Eddie's hoodie, gripping it tightly as he guided her down the stairs, but didn't comment on it.

The two had expected another body, or perhaps some torture chamber to be revealed but where slightly confused of their discoveries.

Eddie rose a brow at the sight that supported the sounds of flowing water, the house was built on top of a flowing river? For gates had been bent to each side, allowing entrance to the stream of water ahead.

"So, I'm assuming it's really strong too?" Valentina was concerned, whoever the culprit was was able to bend poles of steel to the side for entrance and survive in what sounded like sewage water, maybe even normal water but the only way they could have escaped would be by battling against the strong water flow.

Eddie nodded in return, still observing the bent steel as the creak in the floor above them sounded, catching their attention and averting their eyes from what they'd been locked on.

"Someone's here." Valentina whispered in concern, knowing they'd snuck in illegally and they'd be in great trouble and questioned for being at the sight.

More creaking occurred and Valentina felt her body tense at each sound, her stomach flip and her heart pound against her chest. Eddie was quiet, still but in a quick flash he surprised Valentina with the grab of her hand, tightly, and dragged her up the pure cement stairs that were undecorated like the rest of the house.

Still, she held his hand tightly in return and made sure to stick to him as he reached the door, peeking and scanning the area before his eyes navigated the possible exists in the crime scene.

It was quick, but he was sure to keep her close to him and Valentina appreciated it. She felt grateful for it, to be cared for and prioritised.

Their hands stayed locked as they scurried out of the house, climbing over the bands that were labelled 'CRIME SCENE' and away from the abandoned house, away from the horrors and the smell of death.

⋆⋅☆⋅⋆

Valentina Paulman nor Eddie Brock had noticed their hands that were still locked together as they walked away from the crime scene and blended into the crowd of the city. The flickering blue lights and the passing of the people once again.

"So, what if it's another Symbiote?" Valentina broke the silence between them, glancing at Eddie who thought for a while, considering Venom's answer.

But Eddie shook his head. "He says it's not likely, he killed Riot and the other one died before it could find a suitable host."

Valentina sighed, whatever it was, it was deadly and Valentina knew the dangers of it. In fact, she'd been focused on the dangers of the unknown murderer so much that she hadn't noticed the man that leaned against her car, tapping his foot and his arms folded as he waited for her impatiently.

And to her surprise, when her eyes landed on him, she felt more than rage, she felt anxious, scared and nervous that her grip on Eddie's hand tightened.

And in that instant, Eddie had gotten the message immediately. This man made Valentina uncomfortable, he was dangerous too.