20.

I woke up the next morning expecting to feel Seth's body. Instead, I was met with a cold space right next to me. I furrow my eye brows in confusion and sit up, removing myself from my bed and making my way towards the living room and kitchen.

"Seth?" I call out and still nothing. I continue to walk into the kitchen and he still wasn't there.

He wouldn't leave me, right? I mean it's happened before to me but he was different.

Just then I notice a paper on the counter next to the refrigerator.

Darlin, if you see this before I come back. I'll be back soon. I love you.

I smile down at the letter and make my way back towards my room to get dressed.

Today we were actually off work so I had no idea what he had planned for the day. I'm just ready to spend the day with him.

As soon as I finished getting dressed, I heard the front door open and close. "Babe?" I hear him call out.

"In my room!" I yell back and I see him walk in all sweaty and in workout clothes.

He smiles when he sees me and walks over to give me a kiss. "Go for a run?" I asked him and he nods.

"I didn't want to wake you." He removes his phone and headphones from his workout pouch and lays it on my bed before removing his shirt. "I need a shower." He says making me giggle.

"Yeah, you kind of stink." I joke and he smirks, making his way to me.

" Oh do I?" He asks while pressing a kiss where my neck meets my shoulder blade. I giggle again and he presses his lips to my forehead.

"Music to my ears." He says and I look at him confused. "You're laugh darlin." He says when he notices my confused face.

My phone starts to ring and it's my sister. "Marlana, what are you doing?"

"Nothing why?"

"Mom said she wants to see you." I feel my blood run cold.

"Hayley you know I want nothing to do with her." I say coldly and see Seth looking confused.

"Oh come on that was years ago." She says and I can tell she's rolling her eyes.

"That incident was but she's never loved us. All she cared about was getting dick and that will always be what she wants." I can feel my anxiety flaring up and the stress aligning down my back as I talk about my egg donor.

Memories start flashing through my mind and my breathing starts to quicken. "Babe, are you Okay?" Seth asks. I don't answer. All I think about is her beating me and never being a good mother. He grabs the phone from me.

"Hi Marlana's sister. I'm gunna have to have her call you back." He says and hangs up.

I feel my chest rising up and down quicker. "Baby, you're scaring me." Seth tells me and lays a hand on my shoulder.

I lay my head on his chest and he starts to rub his hands up and down my back. "I don't know what's happening but I've got you. You're safe." He says trying to soothe me.

I wrap my arms around him and hold him close. He walks me to the bed, sitting down and bringing me into his lap.

"It's okay princess." He whispers and kisses my forehead. His words and soothing movements calm me down and I feel my breathing slow.

"I'm sorry." I whisper and he lifts His head from my shoulder to look at me.

"You did nothing wrong baby. I just was worried. Are you Okay?" He asks me and I nod.

"I will be. Just keep holding me" I tell him and he nods. I know he wants an explanation but that would just get me worked up again and I'm trying to calm down.

********************************
I don't remember falling asleep but when I opened my eyes to see me curled up against Seth while he quietly watched t.v. I realised then that I had.

He looks down at me and smiles before kissing my forehead.

"Hey darlin." He says and I smile.

"Hey." I lean up to press my lips to his. "When did I fall asleep?" I ask him and he pulls his eyes away from the t.v. again.

"Shortly after I calmed you down." He says and I can tell he wants to know what happened.

"I'm sorry you had to see that. I guess I owe you an explanation."

"Don't be sorry. I'm just glad you're okay now." He says with a smile.

I sit up and he does the same. Both of us sitting up right on my bed.

"My mother was never a good mother. My father tried to tell me but he also didn't want us growing up hating our mother so I had to find out the hard way." I look down at my hands and take a breath before continuing on. "My mom and dad had five kids. Me being the oldest. My mom one day dropped us off at my dad's saying she was 22 and didn't want to be a mom anymore. We ended up in foster care and my dad busted his was with 2 jobs to get us out while my mom would go out partying. She always preferred men over her children while my dad did everything to put us first. She would beat us with anything that was within her reach and made us do horrible exercises when we got in trouble. As soon as my dad got us out of foster care she tried to come back into our lives. I was 13 when they were divorced and 15 when getting out of the foster home. She only came around if it was convienent to her and he current fiance, boyfriend, whatever you want to call him would call me names and just be disrespectful and I noticed it the longer I stayed with her so that's when I moved out on my own and got into wrestling. I wasn't about to have her around anymore. She's a toxic person and just terrible." I finish ranting and Seth looks at me with pity.

"Babe I'm so sorry." He says and I nod.

"It's okay. It made me to be the woman I am today and of course now that I've made it and am making good money she wants to come around again." I let a tear slip down my face and he wipes it away.

"Don't cry darlin, some people don't deserve to be parents and she's one of them."

I nod and tears keep flowing. "I grew up crying at night wondering how I could be loved by someone else if my own mother, my own flesh and blood couldn't. It really sucked."

He wipes my tears and presses his lips to mine. "You are such a strong woman. I love you so much." He tells me and pulls me to his chest.

"I'm not telling you all of this so you'll feel bad for me or make you stay. If you want to leave me, I understand. I'm nothing special." I say and he pulls me back up to look at him.

"You are the best thing to ever happen to me. You're my best friend and I love you and nothing and no one will ever stop me. You are such a strong woman and I am so glad you chose me. I'm yours sweetheart." He tells me making my heart swell.

"I'll love you twice as much now. You're so beautiful Marlana." He says kissing me again and all I know is that everything felt right.

I was in love with him.