14.

YOUR P.O.V

My breathing fastened as I look around the room only to find darkness surrounded me. I was scared. I was petrified. I hate darkness. I run around the room, colliding my body with every wall that I got, hoping that I can make a hole in it so I can escape. Nothing worked. I started to scratch on the walls, pouncing at it, and even kicking it as hard as I can. I stopped my attempt when I got tired and I fall onto the ground beneath me. Now, I was lying down on the floor beneath me with my breathing in a fast pace. I don't want to be in this darkness anymore so I closed my eyes. The thought of roaring for help past through my mind but I don't want to open my eyes again to do that. So, I just roared as loud as I can for help while hoping the others can hear my cry of help, still lying down on the ground. But that hope seem to fly away since no one came for me. I don't know how long I have been in this room but it feels like I've been in here for hours.

Faint footsteps can be heard not to far away from where I was lying down. So I got up to my feet, hearing the faint footsteps turned louder as it comes closer while still closing my eyes shut. They stopped just right near the room that I was in I guess since I can't hear anymore footsteps. A few seconds later, a click sound can be heard and then the room lit up. I opened my eyes and blinked a few times to adjust before I look around the room. The walls started to open up but when I come closer, I can still feel the wall of the room. I guess they put blinds on the outside of the room so it can be dark in it. My eyes widen when I found out who was standing over the walls. It was Owen but he was with another man. A fat man with a little bit grey hair on his head.

"So is this the raptor that you were talking about Owen?" The fat man asked him with a grin of satisfaction on his face, crossing his arms on his chest. Owen look over the fat man, nodding his head after a few seconds before he look back at me. I look at the both of them but growled at the fat man when he came closer to the wall. Something was up with him since I can sense some bad shits surrounding him. When he was close to the wall, he put his hand on it. Seems like something triggered me when I suddenly pounce at the fat man, screeching here and there with a meaning of a fight. His eyes widen in fear before he backed away instantly, holding his hand as if like I have bitten it off from his arm. He was lucky that there was a wall separating me and him.

"Whoa! She's really feisty and horrifying! I like it" The fat man said, watching Owens every movement over his shoulder. Owen stooped right next the fat man when the word 'horrifying' come into my mind. My eyes widen a little before it return into its normal size. I turned my body around them before lying down once again on the floor with my tail wrapping around my body, back against the both of them.

"Hey Hoskins, I'll be inside the cage to check on her."

"Of course, master of the raptors." Creaking sound can be heard, meaning that the door have been opened but then closed again. Now, a click sound is made. The blinds behind me closed making the room dark once again but it was lit up again by the light that was attached to the ceiling. I glanced at Owen from the edge of my eye before I look somewhere else beside him. Footsteps can be heard until it stops just right near me. He started to caress my tail, making me jump instantly. Now I was standing in front of him, roaring in front of his face as he closed his eyes shut.

I closed my mouth shut when I'm finally satisfied after roaring at him. I look at him intensely, glaring at the same time in hatred. He looked at me, blinking his eyes a few times before he wipe the spits that was on his face with his shirt. I just snorted at him before I start to growl at him.

"I'm sorry okay?! The truth is I don't want you to be put in here  but I have to or Hoskins will...!"

"Will what huh?! Fire you?! So you would rather I get hurt mentally and physically rather than loosing your job?!" I shouted in front of his face, anger is laced on every word I say. I just turned into my human form after taking a few steps back and then turn into a human while running towards him. Good thing that he was only a few centimeters taller than me so I can scream at his face. Literally.

"Or his going to kill you and the others alright?! He will kill you first and then the others! I don't want that to happen to you and this is why I put you into a trap!" My eyes widen but it returned once again to its normal size before I backed away again from him.

"Why do you care about me? Don't you want to save your dear beloved 'raptors'?" This question took him aback a little bit but he furrowed his eyebrows when he finally think of an answer to my question.

"I do want to save them. But you're a raptor too so I need to save you too from that idiot."

"I'm a half raptor for God sake, Owen! So you don't need to sa-mmh!" My shouting became muffled at once. Owen was hugging me when I was in the middle of my complaints. My body stiffen by the action he do to me, fingers and arms twitching here and there a little bit. He snuggled his head closer to the crook of my neck, tightening gis grip on my body. Soon I finally relaxed by his touch before I hug him back, just not the same amount of tight. He finally let go of me, gazing into my yellow eye.

"I want to save you from him too because I care about you. With all of my heart" The words he just said, it makes my heart touched by his soft words. My eyes softened when I look at him, a little smile creeping into my face.

"Go. Convince Hoskins that rap- I mean, me and the others are not allowed to be weapons"

"You got it princess" He nuzzled his head against mine with a smile on his face before letting me go. I turned back into my raptor form, smiling mentally while looking at him walk out of the room that I was in. The blinds are opened again after sone seconds and the light above me turned off.

"Jeez. You got into a fight with Maxwell, huh?" Hoskins questioned while his pinky was in his ear, cleaning it while looking at Owen questioningly. Owen widened his eyes.

"The room........is not soundproof?" He questioned the fat man with a bead of sweat on his forehead. Hoskins nodded his head before throwing away the dirt that he got from his treasure hunt in his ear. He smirked at Owen and then me before he comes closer to the see through wall.

"Well, I guess what Owen saying is right. You are half raptor and half human" His face irritate me a lot. Nonetheless, I screech again at him making him backed away from me the second time today.