20.

YOUR POV

That night, we spend the time with each other with just talking and telling jokes here and there while eating. He asked me that's kind of personal. "So, how can you turn into a raptor?". I went silent at that time before I just explained to him what happened. It was when I was a teenager that I was taken away from my family and became a testing project of a scientist. I got injected a few shots here and there but the most painful part was the one that contains the DNA of a raptor that is already brewed with some concoction that can make me turn into a raptor and a human anytime I want. Owen got all pitiful and stuff but I shrugged it off with a smile towards him.

A few days later, everything got back to normal like the usual. Him feeding us all and talk to me when feeding time is over. I start to open up more to him, letting him know how I feel at the moment and etc. It's actually nice to have someone to confide to after all of this years. Well I can confide to the other raptors but they don't understand it that much so yeah.

"Hey Max!". I turned my gaze up to the source of the sound. It was Owen, but with a red haired girl standing next to him. She looked scared while Owen just smile at me, waving his arms like a little kid up in the air. I stare coldly at them before walking away towards the gate of the dome. I sit in front of the gate, waiting for them to come to me. I waited for a few minutes before they came and they sit down across me. Well, the red haired girl was sitting on a chair that Owen pulled for her since she's disgusted by sitting on the ground while Owen just sit casually on the ground like it's not dirty at all.

"Claire, I would like you to meet Maxwell. The Alpha of the raptors and my closest friend". He reaches his hand out through the gate trying to rub my head, so I moved closer to him as he starts to rub my head lovingly. I can't help but purr lightly as I'm enjoying the sensation that I'm receiving from him, making him chuckle lightly before looking back at "Claire".

"So the raptor is a boy?". I snapped my eyes open before glaring at Claire, growling slightly while getting ready to stand up and pounce at the bars in front of her. Since I'm big and my arms are pretty long so I might reach her and scratch her. I got back to reality as Owen rubbed my snout, noticing that I'm growling at Claire. I just lick his hand in somewhat response to him.

"It's a female Claire, don't call Max a boy or she'll be pissed like that". "But why does she have a boyish name?". Owen just move his shoulders up and down once as he keeps rubbing my head. Damn, I'm really enjoying this.