The Jungle

A sharp blade cut through the jungle grass, the iron gleem bouncing in the sun. You wipe your forehead of sweat with your shirt, leaving a dark stain on the front. Swinging your sword in front of you, you slice more of the tall grass ahead, carving your way out of the sweaty terrain. Taking a quick swig of water from your leather pouch, you scrunch up at the water, which had grown warm during your trek. Adjusting the large pack on your back, you wished you hadn't stuffed it so full of stuff before setting out 3 years ago. Sighing, you tried to look out over the grass to see if the biome ended anywhere soon, but all you could see was the tall grass and the giant trees. Not even the sky could be seen through the huge, emerald green leaves, but that didn't mean you couldn't feel the heat of the blazing sun.

You froze in place as you heard rustling come from behind you. Gripping your sword tight, you stayed perfectly still as you strained your ears to listen to the unusual noise. Hearing footsteps behind you, you whirled around and struck directly in front of you only to meet air. As you heard a meow below where you attacked, you realized it was only an ocelot and relaxed your muscles. Reaching down to pet it, the wild cat hissed and bounded away. You wondered why it approached you in the first place. You sighed again and wiped your forehead, you've been so paranoid lately that it was hard to enjoy the journey you were on. Well, it was less of a journey and more of an escape, really, but the two were close enough.

Ever since you started travelling across different biomes, you hadn't come across a single hostile creature, no zombies, no skeletons, no spiders, nothing. It was like they just vanished from your life. You couldn't even remember last time you came across a hostile mob, when you lived in a village it was heavily guarded. You clenched your jaw at the thought of your village. You wiped your face and adjusted your bag again. You furiously swung down at the grass in front of you, scraping against a tree next to it. Haphazard lines etched in tree bark followed you as you made your way through the jungle.

Eventually you resorted to just walking through the grass instead of cutting it, the labor just wasn't worth it. Small bugs you couldn't see bit you at every turn, but you just wanted to get out of the stupidly hot biome as fast as possible. The warm breeze that blew relentlessly in your face eventually cooled down, and you hoped you were getting closer to a new terrain. The sweat that clung to your back started to become cold, and you shivered at the feeling of the cooled down moisture. Feeling you were free at last, you picked up the pace and began to run.
Forgetting yourself in your freedom from the humid hell, you neglected to see that the ground had ended. As you could see the sky again, you slipped and fell off the mossy cliff.