Road Trip

"I wanna go out."

You stopped chewing to look at him. You sat across from him at a small unstable table. He leaned heavily on one corner to keep it steady. His other hand poked at the fruit in front of him. You swallowed your food and blinked.

"Like, to someplace or just in general?" You asked.

He shrugged and one of the fruits he poked rolled off of the table. You dipped down in your seat to catch it.

You both had found yourselves on the floor a bit ago. Herobrine seemed flustered that he slept with you, but you didn't mind since you were sweaty and he wasn't. It was dark outside and you had no idea how long you slept. Herobrine decided that you should eat and went outside to forage for food, coming back with a plethora of fruits. You didn't know how he got so much, but you didn't question it.

You sat the fruit in front of him again. He whispered thanks and it got quiet. You sighed and began to eat your food again.

"We could...I don't know...go travelling together? We could avoid as many villages as you like." You said between bites.

Herobrine smiled. You could see that he tried to hide it with his hand. You smiled back at him as he looked at you. He sighed and took a bite out of an apple.

"I like that idea..." he said.

You smiled wider. Both of you could use some fresh air. Plus, it would get you away from the hoarder house.

You turned back to your fruit and the rest of the time eating passed with a pleasant silence. You and Herobrine both threw away all the stems and inedible seeds. You sat on the sofa while Herobrine rummaged through a cramped bookcase. He picked out three pieces of rolled up paper and joined you. He laid out the papers between the both of you. Intricate designs and markings were written on the sheets. They were uncolored and the writing overlapped itself. You turned your head to see it at a different angle, but it jumbled in your mind.

"Maps. I have dozens of maps of places. Towns and landmarks and biomes...all marked." Herobrine explained.

You squinted at the sheets, but they refused to make sense in your head. They just looked like blobs on top of bigger blobs. You wished that there was color to separate the blobs.

"Okay...so...this is...the entire continent were on? Or a different one?" You asked.

"This continent. The three papers connect to fit it all." Herobrine said.

He shuffled the papers around until they lined up. Looking at them together, it started to make a little more sense.

"You travel a lot more than I thought." You said.

"Well, yes...I have to be moving constantly. I'm a wanted man, remember?" Herobrine said, smiling.

You smiled back and put your attention on where his hand went. He pointed to a large biome which was labeled 'Arag ov' on the map. He traced an invisible line from that spot to another biome labeled 'Borum ipsip'.

"What do you think about this route? It spans across three biomes and avoids any kind of village. Then, after, we can just turn in the opposite direction and come back here."

You nodded as he spoke. It was a sound plan. You couldn't help but notice how confidently he spoke. He smiled through his whole explanation and it made you smile knowing that he was enjoying talking about his plan.

'He must find joy in making plans,' you thought, 'After all, it must be hard to pull off burning a village and getting away with it without one.'