The Aether

'Watch this.' I thought, as I waved my hands in front of me.

Fire erupted from my hands, a small flame dancing on my palm. I waved my hand again to extinguish it. Herobrine's voice cheered.

'Nice! You're really getting used to it.'

I smiled to myself and bowed to a nonexistent audience.

'Thank you, thank you. I'll be here all day.'

It's been a couple days since you ran away from your team. You knew that Steve and Alex would've definitely noticed your absence, but you did your best to ignore that. It was awkward at first, being all alone, but having Herobrine in your head made it tolerable. It was almost freeing, in a way, if it wasn't for the crushing guilt it left you.

'So, what's on the agenda? Still moving on?'

'Well, yeah. I still need to figure out how to do this whole 'getting the Gods to notice me' thing.'

'Shouldn't be too hard considering you're a Spawn.'

'I guess so. I just have no idea what exactly to do that would work.'

'You could try...yelling at the sky? I'm not too sure either.'

'I doubt that would work too well. I'm pretty sure other people have done that and got ignored.'

'Well, you aren't other people. You have powers and also me.'

'Fair point. I just don't think it would work.'

'Maybe...yelling at the sky from a tower?'

'I'm not seeing any towers. I don't know if there would be a village nearby.'

'We're pretty far out. I'd be surprised if there wasn't one.'

'Would I scare the locals, though? I don't want to cause a scene.'

'If it works, you're gonna get lifted into the Aether by some angelic force. You're gonna cause a scene no matter what you do.'

'How very reassuring...but I guess you're right.'

You walked slowly across the forest floor, kicking up stones. You kept your eye out for any houses of any kind. Eventually, you reached the edge of the forest. A cool breeze blew across your face, a welcoming entrance into a taiga forest.

'I guess we just keep looking for a village.'

'I guess so.'

You readjusted your bag, admiring the tall trees around you. Despite the circumstances, you felt peaceful. There were barely any sounds aside from your footsteps and the rustling leaves. Eventually, these sounds were drowned out by other sounds. Music, banging, singing, and...cheering? You concentrated on the noise, following it closely. Just over a hill you saw a roof.

'A village!' Herobrine's excited voice made you equally excited.

You started to hurry towards the sound of music. As you climbed the hill, you could see the full view of a small village.

There were people out, dancing with each other and singing along to music. People were banging on drums and indulging in snack food. You found yourself bouncing to the upbeat music.

'I'm going in.'

You slid most of the way down the hill, allowing yourself to step behind the crowd of people. The band noticed you, but did nothing to stop you or their music. You kept walking into the village, seeing more and more people join the giant dance circle. You felt compelled to join, but you had a mission.