The Quiet And The Dead

Instinctively, your hands covered your ears. The sound banged off the walls and the King whipped his heads around frantically. The noise came from somewhere inside the room, but it felt as if the screaming was right next to you.

"The alarm!" you heard the King shout.

The King flew off of his throne and made his way over to the beacon you saw earlier. The beacon was glowing a green color. You watched, mesmerized, as the King approached the bright light beam.

The sound stopped.

The beacon continued to glow green, but the piercing noise ceased. All the King's heads wore the same expression. Worry. You removed your hands from your ears.

"It's Herobrine. He signaled the alarm." the King said.

"Is he alright?" you asked.

"I don't know."

The King moved towards the dark chest in the corner of the room. The eye printed on the front of the chest seemed to glow slightly. The King opened the top and a piece of paper fell out. You watched as it fluttered to the ground.

"I told him to stop making paper notes." the King sighed.

You slowly got up and walked over the where the note was. You picked it up and held it between you and the King.

'The forest is quiet.

No one is here.'

The King groaned in agitation and flew away, landing back on his throne. He had a look of anger and irritation on all of his faces. You walked over to him.

"What does it mean?"

You waved the note in front of him. He looked at it with distaste.

"Code. Herobrine uses code that only me and my other parts understand. When Herobrine says 'quiet', he doesn't actually mean quiet." the King grumbled.

"Well, what does it mean?" you asked.

"Dead. He means dead."

Your eyes widened and you scanned the note again. 'The forest is quiet'? The forest is dead? Why is that important?

"This is unlike him," the King's heads muttered to themselves, "Why would he do such a thing?"

You kept reading the note over and over. The words seemed to not want to stick in your brain. The King kept talking to himself frantically. The room held tension that you haven't felt since Herobrine first showed himself to you.

The memory was still fresh, even after a month. His eyes. His smile. His words. His fire.

Your eyes widened. Fire. Fire.

"He burned a forest." your shocked voice spoke before you could think.

The King turned to you as your voice filled the room. His middle head nodded and your mind buzzed with static.

Visions of fire filled your eyes. You could still smell the smoke from the buildings. You could feel the heat. The giant red inferno that engulfed your village with hunger. Your brain switched the images of buildings with trees. Tall, beautiful trees being eaten by ravenous flames.

You squeezed your eyes shut from the visions. You thought he was above this. Of all the kindness and gentleness he showed you, it meant nothing if he continued to burn.

"Why...would he set off an alarm if he burned a forest? Was there anyone...in it?" you asked.

"No, Herobrine's alarm cannot be set off unless he has his own beacon, which he doesn't. His alarm only triggers when he uses high-intensity magic." the King explained.