Exposition Expedition

"You went to the Nether without us?" Alex's voice loudly erupted.

You nodded and rubbed your arm awkwardly. Alex swung her arms and huffed. Steve shook his head.

"We're glad you're safe, but you could've waited." He said.

You looked away and nodded.

"Yeah, I know."

"It was irresponsible! You couldn't wait 6 hours?" Alex shouted.

"I just...couldn't sleep. I knew it was dangerous, but I didn't go completely unarmed. Besides, I found the King and spoke to him."

"How did you find him?" Alex asked.

"Was he able to help?" Steve asked.

"Unfortunately, no. The only place he could point me to was The End to speak with the Queen, the Ender Dragon."

"Great, now we have to go to The End?" Alex said, waving her arms.

"No, we don't have to go," you said, "I might know someone else who could help."

"Who?" Steve asked.

"Well, it's hard to explain, but I met him in a dream. I know I was lucid, and he seemed like a real enough person. I might be able to find him and...talk to him."

"So you've never met in person." Alex stated, crossing her arms.

"Well, no. But he knows a lot of things. He knew my name without me telling. I don't really trust him, but I think he's worth talking to."

Alex and Steve both looked at each other. Alex heavily sighed and plopped on the ground next to her brother. Steve patted her shoulder and looked up to you.

"So how do we find him?"

You rubbed your arm and looked away.

"Well, I don't know exactly. But I could try to talk to him again in a dream and find out."

"And waste all that time? How do you know he'll be there?" Alex asked.

"I dreamt of Herobrine on purpose. Maybe the same rules apply?"

You shrugged, but tried to look hopeful. Alex sighed and covered her face. Steve comforted her.

"It's worth a try." He said quietly to her.

Alex sighed again, but nodded.

"Fine. Try dreaming again." She said with a hand wave.

You nodded, but felt awkward as you laid on the grass. It was cool and dry and tickled your face. You closed your eyes and thought about Entity. You imagined his red eyes and white cloak. You tried to remember as much as you could about the foggy dream. You curled up, trying to relax. The scent of grass soothed you. You could hear Herobrine speak.

'You know I know this guy, right?'

'He mentioned you. Are you friends? Enemies?'

'Not really much anymore. Contact with him has been...minimal.'

'Can I trust him at all?'

'He likes to fuck with people, if that's what you're wondering. But he tends to be truthful when he wants to be.'

'Do you think he knows how to get to the Aether?'

'I never really understood how he knew so much. I wouldn't be surprised if he's been there before.'

'Has he ever hurt someone?'

'Plenty of times.'

'You had a lot in common?'