Just Two Together

Time ticked on ruthlessly. The sound of tree leaves rustling and the feeling of grass tickling your feet did little to calm you from your recent ordeal. You wore the shirt and held the hand of a psychopath who was leading you to Gods-know-where. The journey was quiet and peaceful, but a bubble in your chest refused to lighten.

Wind blew over your exposed skin. You could see the sun setting in the distant horizon. Hills and mountains curved along the perimeters. You let yourself space out and allow Herobrine to direct your path. The wading yellow shine in the sky turning to red was just too beautiful to ignore.

Herobrine led you up a steep hill. You struggled to pull yourself over the ledges, but you managed to keep up with Herobrine. As you reached the top with him, you saw what he was leading you towards.

A small hole in the wall that was lit with redstone torches met your gaze. Herobrine took your hand again and pulled you towards it. As the sky dimmed, so did the hole. Eventually, all you could see was the faint outlines of your arm and Herobrine lit by the red light. Both of you stayed quiet.

And then you saw light at the end of the tunnel. The redstone torches' light faded into regular torches' light. You had to squint your eyes to adjust to the sudden light difference. And then the small hole faded into a bigger room. A huge area filled with furniture and chests and random pieces of junk hanging from the walls. You swore that you stepped into a hoarder's house.

"This is...well, not really a home, just kind of a safe place..." Herobrine said.

You looked around at the various objects and items scattered everywhere. The place was absolutely overrun by junk and materials and the only time you saw the floor was when it led into a doorway to another room.

"You're a hoarder." You said bluntly.

"Ah, well...it's just hard to throw things away..." Herobrine responded awkwardly.

Your head swung around, scanning each object. There were several different types of chairs and a couple of what looked like moth-eaten couches. Only some of them were actually touching the floor.

"A...living room?" You asked quietly.

"Yes! Well, kind of." Herobrine said.

"So what are the other rooms?"

"You can look around if you want. Just don't touch what looks near to falling."

You nodded and entered the room to your left. It had armor stands and racks and items frames all cluttered together near and on the walls. Swords of all varieties were strewn about, most of them broken and useless. Crafting benches and beaten furnaces littered a single corner. On top of a somewhat flat pile of items sat a flower vase with a single poppy in it. The room was hardly lit due to the giant mountain of sticks that piled to the ceiling.

"Wow..." you sighed.

"I take it you're unimpressed." Herobrine said from the other room.

You saw his head poke into the room from the doorway. You gave him a small smile.

"I hope you don't sleep in a mountain of wood." You said, trying to lighten the mood.

He shook his head and shrugged.

"I don't sleep at all." He said.

Your eyebrows raised in surprise. He didn't sleep? Not even naps? Did he not need it?

"Oh. Why not?" You asked.

"Oh, uh...I don't like it." He said simply.

His head retreated back into the other room. You stepped out it it yourself and went into the room that faced front.