Memories And Gods

The library was huge, unlike the one at your old village. It had towering bookshelves that reached the roof and you whirled around in the aisles just breathing the scent of the pages. Steven was close behind, scanning the generic labels for anything that seemed related to the paper you found earlier. Your hands traced over the spines, your fingers bumping over the leathery textures. You looked over the labels as well, but nothing seemed important or even interesting in the slightest.

You sighed as you saw Steven abandon the bookshelf he searched through, walking out of the room to look for the librarian. You found a low table on the ground with some cushions around it in, what you thought was, the middle of the library. You lower your knees onto a plush cushion and swing your head back slowly to look at the colossal bookshelves that surrounded you. You took a deep breath in, smelling the old and musty pages that resided in the leather-bound books. You wondered how long it would take for Steven to speak to the librarian as you sat there in the maze of shelves.

Tapping your fingers against the table, you could hear the sound of it echo throughout the room. Your eyes peered upwards at the seemingly endless ceiling as you tapped the table. You sighed loudly, hearing the sound of your breath echo around your ears. A ticking noise caught your attention and you found yourself staring at a golden clock on the far wall. It was almost dawn.

'Why am I even here?' you thought.

You knew it was still dark outside and you found yourself searching for a window in the room to no avail. Time didn't seem to care about what you were going through. It didn't seem real that you've only been in this town for less than 2 days.

Tick.

An image of the sun poke out over the left half of the clock. You sighed.
You never wanted this.

You couldn't help but think of him. The dream that wasn't a dream that left you on the ground. The man with his magic and fire and indifferent emotions. His unfeeling eyes and his blunt and hurtful truth.

"Herobrine..."

You muttered the name to yourself, hating how it sounded. You scratched at the table and winced at the feeling of the wood curling underneath your fingernails. You found yourself laying your face onto the table, the smooth wood pressing against your cheekbone. You closed your eyes and suddenly were surrounded in fire.

Smoke choked you and your vision blurred and burned. You felt the heat on your skin as you saw him look at you with his bright, unemotional eyes. His face was so clear and defined that your eyelids shot open expecting him to be right in front of you.

You let out a shaky breath when he didn't appear.

Running your hands through your hair, you coughed as if you had actually inhaled smoke. Your dry throat felt scratchy and you winced. Taking a deep breath, you tried to clear your head.

'What...the hell.' you thought, gritting your teeth as you stared at the table.

The vision seemed so real. Your heart thudded in your chest and it took you some time to recognize the feeling. You placed your shaky hand over your chest, your heart drumming madly against your ribs.

'Was it just a daydream...? Or...'

You shook your head. It was probably from stress. It wasn't a very convincing or reassuring thought but it was all you had. You took another deep breath.

Tick.

You peered up to the clock and saw that you had closed your eyes for longer than you thought. The sun was halfway on the clock and you groaned in agitation.