The King

You couldn't help but feel helpless in the presence of the skeleton. She pulled you through the Nether with enough force to break obsidian and you struggled to keep up with her long strides. You had no idea where you were going, but you were still so caught up in your emotions that you didn't care. The skeleton seemed to mean well. If she was really looking to hurt you then she could've used her sword already.

Neither of you spoke a word while you walked. Your feet got tired of walking on the red stone very quickly. You wanted to slow down.

"Hey...could we...could we take a break?" you stuttered.

She turned to look at you as she walked and shook her head.

"No, it is imperative that you get to safety as quick as possible."

You sighed and tried to quicken your pace. The tall skeleton probably couldn't even get tired. You started to get out of your muddled state and had begun to wish you didn't accept her offer. But if you didn't accept, what would you have done? You tried to keep up as best you could.

The scariest thing about the Nether was the giant oceans of lava. As if regular oceans were bad enough, these ones could kill you on contact. You tried not to look at them, but they were everywhere you went. Fire kept trying to lap at your feet and you struggled to avoid it. Your hand started to get pins and needles from being tugged around. Your sweat kept dissolving off of your skin and it was really hard to get used to.

You started to get scared of where you were going. You tugged on your arm to try and get the skeleton's attention, but she didn't seem to notice. You tried to drag your feet, but she continued to pull you through it. You dug your heels into the ground, but all you did was hurt your feet. If you fell dead, she probably still wouldn't have noticed.

"Do not squirm. We are almost there."

Oh. So she did notice. You gritted your teeth and grunted in response. Where were you going?

"Where are we even going?" you asked.

The skeleton turned around and smiled. It was strange to look at her bony teeth curling upwards.

"To the fortress. To safety." she answered.

You still didn't understand. What was the fortress? You tried to distract yourself from the pain in your legs but there was nothing to stare at except a lava ocean and walls of red. You started to dislike the Nether. You stared at the spine of the skeleton in front of you, but it didn't serve much distraction.

"Why are you being nice?" you asked.

It confused you. She was a Mob. Mobs hurt people on sight. Here this Mob was, holding your hand and taking you somewhere safe. Or you at least hoped it was safe.

"You do not belong here, I can see that. You want to go home, I will take you home. You were brought here by mistake, I simply want to correct it." she said.

Your eyebrows raised in confusion and intrigue. How could she guess all that?

"How do you know all that?" you asked.

"...Lucky guess." she muttered.

You tried to pull your arm away again, but the skeleton continued to tug you around without effort. There was a chance it was a lucky guess, but it was a tad too specific for you to take lightly. You tugged again and again. There has to be more than just a lucky guess.

"Isn't there more?" you asked.

"What do you mean?" she asked back.

"It's a bit too specific of a lucky guess if you ask me."