The Meeting Of Minds

Your dreamless sleep was less than peaceful. You woke up feeling like your skin was made of iron. Your limbs were heavy and you spent the first half hour of being awake staring at a ceiling. You wanted to speak and call out to someone, but your throat felt like it was plugged with sand.

You were dizzy and in immense pain. You couldn't imagine lifting your limbs much farther than a twitch. You attempted to whisper something, but all that came out was a dry wheeze. All you could do was wait.

And wait you did. Eventually, the door did open and your eyes met with the face of a smiling Steve.

"Hey, you're awake now? That's good. How are you feeling?" He asked.

You wanted to answer, but you could only barely whisper. You coughed and shook your head as best you could.

He nodded in understanding and didn't ask anything else. He carried a tray of breakfast food. He set it down on the nightstand and crouched next to you. He put his hands on your back and helped you sit up. You couldn't help but wince at the feeling of your useless arms weighing on your sides. He set you against the headboard and put a cup of water up to your lips. You drank and felt the cold liquid rub painfully against your throat. He put the cup back and replaced it with a fork of food. You ate slowly, but not much. Eventually you turned away from the fork, unable to eat any more.

Steve left the tray on your nightstand, but left the room for you to rest. You sat alone feeling utterly useless. You remained that way for quite some time, until something strange suddenly happened.

Your limbs came to life, no longer feeling heavy. It was such a sudden transition, you didn't know how to deal with it. You could wiggle your toes and flex your fingers just fine, as if the heaviness was like a cursed that lifted. You looked down at your hands and at your legs, almost expecting them to go back to being useless.

You stood up from the bed cautiously. Your legs wobbled a bit, but were fine. You sighed in relief and slowly made your way out of the room. You could hear voices as you made your way down the stairs.

"I just don't get it. Why him?" Alex asked, exasperated.

"I've told you about The Catalyst. It had to be something like that, right?" Steve replied.

Your ears pricked up at the conversation. You hugged the railing and listened closely.

"Well, maybe! I don't know anything about your little adventure." She said.

"It didn't take y/n. It was only interested in Herobrine. It has to be something like The Catalyst." He said.

"Well, either way, Catalyst or not, it took Herobrine for...whatever purposes!"

"We have to do something."

"I don't see why. He has enough powers to handle himself, right? He's been in enough scrapes."

"I don't know...he looked...really rough."

"He'll be fine."

Even as she said it, her voice was uncertain. You crept around the corner and entered into the living room where they were talking on the couch. They both jumped at your arrival.

"Y/n! You're up." Steve said, surprised.

You waved hello and walked over to them.

"You doing okay? You really hit the ground hard back there." Alex said.

You nodded and gave her a thumbs up. You really wished you could talk.

"Do you need more water? Is your throat okay?" Steve asked.