Catalyst

"It is time."

Nimble hands worked against the soft clay. Calloused fingers pressed delicate shapes with soft edges. A round face with a button nose and hair made of gold lace.

A hard, smooth sheet of marble skin was placed over the still-wet clay. From the back, two wings were crafted, larger than the body they sprouted from.

A heart. It beat and pulsed with its artificial life. It was made of the strongest iron and filled with purpose. The eyes of its soft face opened and shined with nobility. The red flare of fire colored its irises and covered its face with a rosy flush. Its own strong hands touched and stroked its perfect body.

"The first of many."

The small head looked to the titan that created it and bowed. Its hair fell gracefully like a scarf around its shoulders.

"I give you strong magic. It is imperative that you succeed."

The small being flapped its wings. They fluttered and quivered.

"What is my purpose, lord?"

Its voice was bold and resounding. A pink tongue carried the strings of sound to its perfect pearly teeth. Face muscles felt foreign and unusual to flex.

"You are the Catalyst. You seek one and only one."

The giant hands brought a finger to the small being's face. A pool of white light circled into a glass sphere on the pad of the index finger. Holding out its tiny hands, the creation took the lightweight ball.

It was filled with a haze that looked like fog. From the haze two figures emerged. The small being stared at the image of you and Herobrine strolling along in a forest. You were both soundlessly laughing and talking.

It touched the glass ball and cracks formed around your face. The fog swept away the image and the glass shattered completely in the grasp of the small being. Tiny shards the size of sand coated its feet.

"You will not fail me, Catalyst?"

The small angel was silent before bowing again towards the God.

"I will not."