Drella *

_________________________________________________________________

                    Bulls In The Bronx [Fan Fiction] Project - By RainPierce

                                                                       Drella

Vic's P.O.V

"It's alright." I say, wanting to hold back my words this time. "You always make me feel better, anyway."

She looks at me from the corner of her eyes, and they look troublesome. It's a whole new different way she's looking at me, I know it. But, it feels... good. She tilts her head to one side to look at me, or my eyes, at least. And so, her stare remains ponderous, but there's a small attempt of giving a warm smile without getting caught. Her gestures are new to me, and somehow, it's... interesting.

To avoid awkwardness, her soft and frozen expression changes, and her lips start curling a wide grin. She's exposing her teeth as she smiles even wider, and then, she starts to give me a small laugh.

"Are you flirting with me, Vic Fuentes?"

Then, it seems as a life and death situation.

I laugh this time, taking a stronger grip on her legs as I continue to carry her. But my hold towards her doesn't feel like a protective manner anymore, but wanting to caress her in a much more than a friendly manner.

"You wish."

There's a short silence, until I burst a laugh, and she starts laughing too.

We arrive at the front of the house, and this time, it feels different. I begin to dread entering the house, and it makes me wonder. Am I dreading because I don't want to go back to having to witness the love of my life get slowly stolen from me? Or, what? It's too obvious, I like it better when we are both alone. It gives me the opportunity to prove my love for her without others chasing after her.

"We're here." I say, slowly turning my head towards the side to look at her face, leaning against my shoulder.

She has them closed, but as soon as I'm about to approach the front steps, her eyes open and she starts to shift under my grasp. "You can put me down, I don't want to worry them. I can just ice it in my room, just let me go."

I stop, and she gives me an impatient look. I nod, without hesitation, and slowly get on one knee, holding her still as she's slowly getting off of my back. Once she's off, I get up on both of my feet, and turn towards her. She offers my hand, and I look down at it a bit confused, until I realise she's gesturing for me to give her one bag.

"Oh," I chuckle, and quickly shake my head, "It's alright, I can carry."

I turn around, and start heading towards the door. She walks ahead of me, and opens the door within five seconds. She pushes the door open, and turns to me, smiling.

"Let's go."

We walk inside, and start hearing the commotion. There's shouts, and roaring laughter. Also, the sound of the TV, which means, the soccer game has started.

"WE'RE HERE!" Bella screams enthusiastically, approaching the living room. But I see her limping, so I quickly approach her, and slip my arm around her back, without even thinking. I hold her still, for support, and I see her taken-by-surprise expression. The guys become quiet, and I notice Jaime's eyes drop to my hand on her back.

Bella chuckles, and slowly takes a step aside, taking my hand off of her.

"We brought the munchies, so don't fear." She says, "But, I'll be back, gotta head upstairs first."