Chapter 1

(Annabelle's POV)

I looked out the window to the clouds below me. I always loved the view from planes. I was on my way to LA to live with my aunt and uncle to try and form a band. It took me months to convince my parents to let me go. But after persuading them with how high my grades are and how well I was at guitar they agreed. The only thing I regret about it though is leaving my twin sister Adrian behind. She was my best friend and she said if I didn't go while I had the chance then I would regret it. I changed the song on my iPod to 'Good Riddance' by Green Day and closed my eyes.

I awoke to the sound of shuffling around me. I could see trees and the city from my window. After stretching my legs I grabbed my carry on bag and went with the crowd. I made my way into the building and found my Aunt and Uncle looking for me. I ran up and gave them both a hug.

"Hi Aunt Cierra, hi Uncle Noah!" I greeted.

"Hi Annabelle! You've grown so much! I haven't seen you in two years! I can't believe you're already sixteen!" Aunt Cierra cooed.

"Almost seventeen," I pointed out. "Thank you for letting me live with you guys."

"Hey it's not a problem! We're just glad your plane landed safe," Uncle Noah said.

We walked over and grabbed my stuff then headed to the door. We were able to fit my three suitcases, amp and electric guitar in the trunk. I climbed in to backseat putting my acoustic guitar next to me.

"Where's Sophia?" I asked looking around as though she might appear.

"We left her at home with the babysitter," aunt Cierra answered from the passenger seat. "She is so excited to see you. Before we left all she said every five seconds was 'When is Annabelle coming?'"

Sophia was probably the cutest kid in the world. She was three and had curly blonde hair and big blue eyes.

"Aww. I can't wait to see her too," I said.

After a half an hour we pulled into their driveway. We took out all my stuff then headed to the door. As soon as it swung open I could hear screams of joy from the other room. I set down my guitars as a little girl came running in.

"Anna Banana!" Sophia yelled running to me.

"Hey there Squirt!" I said picking her up and spinning. "You've gotten so big! How old are you now?"

"Free!" She yelled holding up three fingers.

"Really?! You look like you can be twenty-seven!" I joked.

"That's silly!" She said having a laughing fit. "I wanna show you your room!"

She grabbed my hand and dragged me up the stairs and down the hall. Sophia threw open a door revealing a light pink room. There was white carpeting and a twin size bed pushed against the far wall covered in a black and white zig-zag comforter. There was a dresser against the wall with the door on it. A bedside table, a desk a few feet over under a window giving me a view of the neighbors house, and a closet on the left wall.

"Do you like the color? I picked it out!" Sophia shouted.

"It's perfect!" I complimented.

"I wanna show you my room now!"

She dragged me down the hall to a room with light purple walls and white carpeting. There was a toddler sized bed in the center of the wall with a blanket covered in butterflies. The walls were covered in sticker decals of princesses and drawings that she taped up. There was a dollhouse in the corner and toys were strewn across the ground.

"Do you like it?" Sophia asked looking up at me.

"It's beautiful," I said trying to avoid stepping on the toys.

"Well, it's about one in the afternoon so you can unpack now or later or whatever you want," Aunt Cierra said suddenly behind me.

"I think I'll start unpacking now," I said.

"Okay, Uncle Noah already moved your bags to your room," she said.

"Thanks Uncle Noah!" I yelled walking past her.

"You're welcome!" I heard him yell back.

I went into my room and put my two guitars in the corner. I put my t-shirts, long sleeves, and dresses in the closet, then my pants, shorts, skirts, and underwear in the dresser. I put the small amp in the corner by the guitars. I grabbed my laptop put it on my desk. I stepped back to take a look. Only one and a half hours. It looks pretty good in here. Almost forgot! I grabbed a photo of Adrian and I out of my carry on and put it on the bedside table. I pulled out my pill bottle and set it down next to the picture.

My sister and I were both born with something called Graves' disease. Nobody else in my family has it but my mom said her cousin Sarah did but she died of breast cancer when we were two. Apparently we look like her too, but every time Adrian and I would ask to see a photo of her my parents would always say they would ask our grandma but they never do.

I grabbed my skateboard out of the suitcase and ran down the stairs with my phone and earbuds.

"Aunt Cierra, can I go riding around town?" I asked.

"Sure, be back by seven so we can eat dinner," she said.

"Okay, bye!" I said.

"Byee!" I heard Sophia yell from the other room.

I went outside and could smell the sea. I set my board down and hopped on. I pushed off and started down the street. I turned out of the neighborhood and onto the busy street of people walking.

"'Scuse me! pardon me!" I yelled.

Everyone moved to the side allowing me to pass through. One boy stayed where he was standing. I couldn't go to the left of him because that's where the road was and on the right was a large crowd of people.

"Hey watch out!" I yelled but the boy didn't move. "hey kid!"

I crashed into his back knocking him over and I fell next to him. He sat up and gave me a confused look. He held out a hand and pulled me up so I was sitting on my knees. He looked like he was my age. He was tan and had short brown hair and blue eyes. I think I started drooling a little.

"In my defense I told you to move," I said holding up my hands.

He laughed silently then pointed to his ear.

"Oh, are you deaf?" I asked while using sign language.

"Yeah, you know sign language?" he asked.

"Yeah when my sister and I was ten we watched this old show with a deaf guy in it so we were inspired to learn it," I explained.

"Oh cool. Anyways my names E-L-L-I-O-T," He spelled out.

Elliot stood up and pulled me to my feet.

"A-N-N-A-B-E-L-L-E," I spelled.

"Well Annabelle, I guess I'll be seeing you later," he said then walked off.

I stared at him for a minute before hopping on my board and leaving. Man, he was cute! Hopefully I'll see him again.

A/N

What do you guys think? BTW when I write stuff like Elliot says or asks he ISNT ACTUALLY SPEAKING. It would just be really repetitive if I said signed over and over again. I also decided to put in Graves' disease because I actually have it in real life. It's REALLY IMPORTANT later on though. I've never been on a plane before so I think that's how it works when you get off one but I don't know :D