Chapter 6

(Annabelle's POV)

I turned around and punched the guy in the face. The person held his jaw and looked into my green eyes with his blue ones.

"Elliot!" I yelled hitting him in the arm.

He went from holding his jaw to his shoulder.

"You should be thanking me. I think that guy was following you," he said gesturing to the street.

"I know that but you scared me!" I whisper yelled.

"Sorry but I don't think it's safe to go back out there," Elliot said.

"Well how am I going to get home?" I asked.

He brought his finger up to his lips to silence me then pulled me by my hand behind a dumpster.

"I don't think you should go home. You can stay at my house for the night though," Elliot offered moving his hands nervously.

"Your house?" I asked without speaking.

He nodded in response.

"Umm, I guess I could text my Aunt," I said pulling out my phone.

Just then I heard footsteps coming from the beginning of the alley. I froze and Elliot gave me a questioning look.

"I hear footsteps," I said silently.

The persons steps slowed as though he were turning in a circle.

"Where did she go?" The guy mumbled before walking off the way he came.

My hands were shaking so Elliot took the phone and started texting someone. A few seconds later my phone buzzed, Elliot looked satisfied and stuck it in his pocket. He grabbed my hand and dragged me down to the other end of the alley. We went around the corner onto a street lined with shops. We walked down the road and into the lobby of an apartment. Elliot nodded to the chubby doorman and lead me into the elevator where he pressed the seventh, and top, floor. As soon as the door opened he quickly pulled me into a nearby door and locked it. A lady that looked like Elliot came around the corner and gave him a hug.

"Hi Elliot. Who's this?" The lady asked using sign language.

"Mom, this is Annabelle. Annabelle, this is my mom. I was wondering if Annabelle could stay the night?" Elliot asked.

"Yeah, sure. I'm going to sleep now, I have to leave at six in the morning. How long have you guys been dating though?" His mom asked.

"We aren't dating," I corrected.

She nodded understandingly then walked through a door. I looked at the clock on the wall and saw it was nine.

"Let's watch a movie," Elliot suggested.

"Okay, what movie?" I asked.

"I don't know, let's change into something more comftorable though," he said.

He dragged me through a door. It looked like the average teenage boys room; dark blue walls, grey comforter, clothes were strewn on the floor, and there were three empty pop bottles on the desk. Elliot rifled through the dresser then the closet.

"You can wear these," He offered.

Elliot held out grey pajama pants and a blue shirt with a familiar V symbol on it.

"VenturianTale?" I asked taking it from him.

"Yeah, they're my favorite youtubers," Elliot admitted.

"Really? HomelessGoomba is my dad," I said.

"Really?!" He asked shocked.

"Yeah, my last name is Frye. I live with my Aunt Cierra," I said.

"Oh, when I was texting your aunt I instantly thought of ImmortalKyodai. Cierra isn't usually spelled like that. That's why you looked familiar. I remember seeing you in videos," Elliot recalled.

I turned around and went to the bathroom to change, leaving Elliot in deep thought.

A/N

Sorry if some of the chapters are short. I usually try to go for almost 2000 words each. But with the new update on my phone the layout is a bit different. I usually made it so the scrolling bar is within two lines of words but now that's not even 1000 words. So sorry I'll try to write as much as I did for each chapter.