Chapter 23

(Annabelle's POV)

Emmett has been staying up day and night trying to write more songs. He got six more done and only and about four more. He set binder and textbook on the desk then laid his head down. Bags were under his eyes and his face was pale.

"You can chill out on the songs," I said.

"No, the sooner I get them finished then the sooner we get to go on tour," Emmett said then yawned.

"Emmett, you've written six songs in the past two days," I said. "When you get home please just take a nap. Don't worry about the songs for now."

"But I need..." Emmett said drifting off into sleep.

The school bell rang and he shot up in his seat. Emmett realized it wasn't his alarm clock and rested his head down again.

"You better not let the teacher catch you," I warned. "Plus, there's only six more days of school left. You have finals to study for."

Emmett groaned then covered his ears. A minute later his hands fell down on his desk and his breathing became even. Mr. Lindell opened a math textbook to the center, put it next to Emmett's head, then slammed it shut as hard as possible. Emmett flailed then fell out of his chair.

"Don't fall asleep in my class," Mr. Lindell scolded.

Emmett grumbled something but got back in his seat. He started to doze off again so I kicked his foot and he sat up straight. Every thirty seconds Emmett pinched himself to stay awake. This went on for fifty minutes until class finally ended. Emmett immediately walked off to his locker and Sean and Nick fell into step with me. My phone buzzed so I looked to see a new text message from Elliot.

"What's your phone screen background?" Nick asked.

"It's from Halloween two years ago," I said. "I dressed up as batman and Adrian was Robin."

"What are you going to be this Halloween?" Nick asked.

"I don't know yet," I said. "Do you know what you're going to be? And you Sean?

"I'm going to be your boyfriend," Sean said coolly.

I opened my mouth to say something but quickly shut it.

"Dude! That was smooth!" Nick exclaimed.

They high-fived then Nick walked off to find Emmett.

"That was pretty clever," I admitted.

"Yeah, I know," Sean said. "And it was very true."

"I have a boyfriend," I reminded him.

"But will you still have a boyfriend after we go on a national tour? Maybe even a world tour?" Sean questioned. "Will you be able to keep a long distance relationship for that long?"

"Stop," I said quietly.

"Just watch, you'll be falling into my arms within seconds," Sean said snapping his fingers then walking away.

I grudgily put my books into my back pack then walked outside to wait for Adrian. In the meantime I decided to check the text from Elliot.

Elliot: Do you wanna go to the movies?

Annabelle: Sure

Elliot:Yay! I'll pick you up from school

(Elliot's POV)

I pulled up outside Annabelle's school. I go to a special school for the deaf. When I was a kid I went to a mainstream school but all the other kids bullied me so my mom pulled me out. I took my helmet off then gave Annabelle a small peck on the lips. I put her backpack in the seat compartment then drove off with Annabelle on the back of my motorcycle.