Chapter 9

(Annabelle's POV)

After dinner I ran up to my bedroom. I was about to skype Adrian when I remembered the time difference. I flopped onto my bed and looked at the clock that read eight thirty. My phone buzzed from my pocket and i pulled it out to see i had a new text.

Elliot: Hey, you wanna go somewhere?

 Annabelle: Where?

Elliot: It's a surprise. I'll pick you up in five minutes.

Annabelle: Okay.

I hopped down the stairs and into the family room where Sophia and Aunt Cierra were watching a movie.

"Hi Anna Banana! Me and mommy are watching Cinderella!" Sophia yelled.

 "I love that movie!" I said even though I've only seen half of it. "Can I go out?"

"You've been going out a lot recently, you must be pretty popular at your new school. Who are you going with?" Aunt Cierra asked.

"Elliot," I answered.

"Who's that?" Aunt Cierra asked.

"He's the deaf boy I met the other day," I said.

"I guess that's okay. Don't be out too late though, and don't forget your phone," Aunt Cierra reminded.

"Okay! Thanks!" I said.

I went through the front door but not before giving Sophia a hug goodbye. I sat on the steps of the front porch waiting for Elliot when I heard an engine from down the street. A black motorcycle pulled into the driveway. The man had on dark jeans, a leather jacket, and a light blue shirt under. He was wearing a black helmet with a dark visor so I couldn't see his face. I hesitantly walked forward. The guy took off the helmet and I could now see his short brown hair and blue eyes.

"Hey," Elliot said.

"Hi!" I chirped relieved he wasn't a kidnapper.

"Ready to go?" He asked.

"On that?" I asked.

I eyed the black beast with uncertainty.

"Yeah," He said.

"No way. That thing is scary," I said taking a step back.

"Come on, it'll be fun. You can trust me. Don't you want to find out where we're going?" He asked.

did want to know where we were going but I was still uneasy about being on a motorcycle.

"Are you sure we're going to be okay?" I asked.

"Definitely."

Elliot put a helmet on my head and buckled the chin strap. He gave me a kiss on the cheek then put his own helmet on and faced forward. I hesitantly sat behind him and wrapped my arms around his stomach. The engine roared to life and I instantly tensed up. He backed up then raced down the road. I pressed up against him keeping my eyes squeezed shut. The wind blew in my ears and waved my hair around. I opened one eye and saw cars and the blur of buildings behind them. I pulled my head up and looked around. A small smile spread across my face as adreneline coursed through my veins. This is so cool! I should've gone on a motorcycle years ago!  We turned a corner onto a street that wasn't busy then down a dirt road. Trees past us and I started to feel nervous. Where is he taking me?  Why are we going into the woods? Elliot stopped at the base of a large hill. He got up and held out a hand to help me off. I took off the helmet and set it on the seat next to Elliots.