Chapter 21

(Annabelle's POV)

Jason led us into a room with a large panel. A man sat on a chair pushing random buttons. A large window in front of the man showed a room with four different instruments and five microphones.

"This is so cool!" Nick exclaimed.

"There's waters in there for all of you and just tell us when you're ready," Jason said.

We got ready at our instruments then gave the two men a thumbs up. We finished three songs and only had two more when Jason said we could take a break.

"Hey Nick, can you toss me my water," I said.

The water bottle flew across the air landing in my hands. I took a gulp hoping to refresh my dry mouth but was instead met with a bitter taste. I spit the horrible water out onto the ground.

"What wrong?" Sean asked.

"What the heck was in that?" I asked.

Nick was rolling on the ground and having a hard time breathing because he was laughing so hard.

"Nick?" I questioned.

"It... was... salt," Nick said in between gasps.

I grabbed his water bottle and drank that instead.

"I'm so glad that you moved here," Emmett said. "Now Nick doesn't really prank us."

"Thanks," I said sarcastically.

"Don't worry, there's a lot more where that came from," Nick said.

"You're kidding me, right?" I asked.

"Nope," Nick said happily sitting back down at his drumset.

"Ready to do the last two songs now?" The man asked.

"Yep!" Emmett chirped.

We got through the song Might Be Love and a new song we had written called Just Us. I put my instrument back on the stand and walked out with the others.

"This is going to be amazing!" Jason exclaimed.

"We should have the EP album up in two days," the sound guy said.

"Great songs by the way,"Jason complimented. "Did you write all of 'em?"

"Yep," Sean said proudly.

"Well, they're great," Jason said. "I'll give you a call once we get your songs up. We just need about ten more songs and you have yourself an album. Then we can make the music videos and then if people like you then I think there will be a tour in the future."

"I've always wanted to be in a music video!" Nick shouted.

"Are you kidding me? I've always wanted to go on a tour!" I exclaimed. "Is it a world tour or just in the country?"

"We'll do one that's just in the country first then a world tour," Jason said.

"World tour! I've never left the country before!" Nick said.

"You haven't?" I asked.

"No, my grandma doesn't like to travel," Nick said.

"Grandma?" I asked in confusion..

"I live with my grandma," Nick explained. "Didn't I tell you this?"

"I think you left that little bit of information out," I said holding my thumb and index finger an inch apart.

"Whoops!" Nick laughed.

"What happened to your parents? If you don't mind me asking," I quickly added.

"Don't worry, when I was six they thought I was stupid and like mentally retarded so they wanted to put me up for adoption but my grandparents wanted to keep me," Nick said.

He said it confidently but his voice wavered and he tensed up.

"I'm sorry," I apologized looking down uncomforterbly.

"It's no problem. I'm gonna prove them wrong! I wish I could see their faces when they hear I'm going on a world tour!" Nick exclaimed.

"I don't want to hear any more sad stories, why don't we wait in the break room for Landon to finish with the songs," Jason said.

He ushered as out the door and down the hall as Landon, the sound guy, continued working on the songs. We sat down on the blue couches when a lady walked up.

"Mr. Marino? You have a call in your office," she said hurrying out.

"Well, I've gotta go take that. You guys can help yourselves to anything in the fridge or cabinets," Jason said as he walked out the door.

The boys ran over grabbing small snacks while I grabbed a soda.

"I'm so excited I can barely even eat my pudding," Nick said.

He tried to get a spoonful of it in his mouth but missed and ended up getting chocolate on his cheek. I laughed and handed him a napkin off the counter.

"This is so cool," James said. "I can't believe we are in an actual recording studio, making an actual record."

"And we wouldn't be here if Annabelle hadn't moved to California," Sean said.

I looked down and lightly nudged him with my foot.

"Aww! Is little Annabelle getting embarrassed?" Sean teased.

"No," I lied.

Sean poked me right in my ticklish spot so I giggled a little.

"Are you ticklish?" Sean asked.

"No!" I said quickly.

I got up and ran out the door with Sean chasing me.

"What the heck," I heard Nick say as I got farther away.

I ran down the hall but stopped when I heard some music. Sean ran into me causing me to fall on my stomach and he fell on me.

"Shh!" I said.

We listened to the music that was coming from the other side of the door next to us. The music stopped and the door opened revealing five people. Sean quickly scrambled off me and I hopped to my feet.

"Aren't you guys in that new band? Forever Young?" The one in the center asked.

"You're R5!" Sean exclaimed.

"Yeah, we are," Ross laughed.

"You know who we are?" I asked.

"Of course! You guys are like the next big thing!" Rydel said.

"Where's the rest of you guys?" Ellington asked.

"They're in the break room," I said.

"Why were you laying on top of her?" Ross asked.

"She stopped so I ran into her and we fell," Sean explained.

"Oh, I thought it was going to be something more romantic," Rydel said sounding dissapointed. "Did you know people ship you two?"

I felt my cheeks get warm as I looked down.

"Yep!" Sean chirped.

He put his arm around my shoulders but I shrugged it off.

"We've gotta get going but I hope we can talk again some other time," Riker said.

"Okay, bye," Sean said.

"Bye!" I said.

We watched them walk down the hall then ran back to the break room to tell the others.

A/N

I decided to add R5 since a lot of y'all like them. I don't listen to them so I had to actually look up their names. You like it? :D