Chapter 15

(Annabelle's POV)

We pulled up to the beach at exactly two thirty. Hundreds of people crowded around booths, tables, and the large stage. I could hear the music where a group of people were using Japanese drums on the stage. Smells of delicious food wafted to me. Everyone was laughing, talking, and having a good time.

"This is so cool!" Adrian exclaimed.

"I know right. Let's go find Sarah," Emmett said.

It didn't take long to find her since she walked up to us five minutes later.

"Forever Young! You're here!" Sarah squealed. "You guys can put all your instruments and stuff behind the stage right now. You can walk around for about fifteen minutes and then at two fifty come back and set up to stage."

"Okay," Emmett said.

We made our way back to the car and managed to get all our stuff behind the stage in one trip. We split up and went into the crowd. Elliot's hand pulled me towards one of the booths. The sign at the top said Cotton Candy in bright letters. Elliot held up two fingers to the lady who smiled and grabbed two cones. He paid for it then dragged me to a nearby bench where he couldn't sit still.

"What are you so happy about?" I asked laughing.

"Nothing," Elliot said.

"What?" I asked again.

"Nothing. I'm just happy to be with you," Elliot said.

"I'm happy to be here with you too," I said kissing him on the cheek.

He smiled and shoved a chunk of pink fluff in his mouth. I quickly finished my cotton candy then met everyone else by the stage. As soon as the group before us cleared the stage of their drums we were able to set up. By the time we were finished a large group had formed in front of the stage.

"We would like to thank the Stop Cancer with Creativity association for picking our band to play today," Emmett said into the microphone.

I looked past him to James who was as pale as a ghost. He looked over to me so I smiled reassuringly. He looked from me to Adrian who gave him a thumbs up. A small amount of color returned to his face. It's going to take him forever to get used to being in stage and in front of a lot of people.

"The first song we are going to play is called Living," Emmett said.

Emmett looked over to James but he was too focused on Adrian.

"James!" Emmett whisper yelled.

James was pulled out of his trance and started playing notes.

When we were finished with our here songs the crowd burst into applause.

"Thank you!" Emmett exclaimed.

We cleared the stage and went back into the crowd as planned. After the performance we decided to stay for a few more hours. Elliot and I walked around looking at the art until I felt a hand on my shoulder.

"You were really good," Zach said.

"Thanks!I guess it's not really a coincidence I ran into you since the whole town is here," I said.

"Yeah, I'm glad you're awake again. I heard about you on the news," Zach said.

"Annabelle," Sean said walking up.

He looked between Zach and I then seemed to get worried.

"Hey Sean, this is Zach," I said.

"Hi Zach. We should go now," Sean said grabbing my arm.