Chapter 19

(Annabelle's POV)

I sat in the hospital room with my mom, my dad, Andrew, and Adrian. My dad didn't break the tendon in his back but he still hurt it. He can't walk right now but after he takes physical therapy for two months he'll be good as new.

"We are ready to start, Mr. Frye," a nurse said poking her head in the door.

"Okay, Annabelle, Adrian, you guys can go now. Emmett's going to pick you two, Elliot and James up at the airport right?" My mom asked.

"Yep," Adrian chirped.

"Good. Have an amazing concert and break a leg!" My mom cheered.

We gave all of them hugs then left with a chorus of good lucks. Forever Young was opening for Tara Johanson in two days. We had planned to go back to California after we visited our dad at the hospital. Elliot and James were still worried about Adrian and I so they stayed in Ohio with us. We told them to stay at the house and wait for us until we were finished at the hospital. As we got into the elevator I was bouncing with excitement for the upcoming performance.

*timeskip*

Emmett parked behind the large building and quickly hopped out. A skinny man sauntered over and held out his hand that Emmett shook.

"You must be Forever Young. We are so glad you're here today!" Diego exclaimed. "Follow me and someone else can get your instruments."

He led us through the large metal doors that were sandwhiched in between two large security guards. We walked down a dimly lit hallway until we got to a room that was bustling with activity. People were yelling into headsets, carrying clothes, and moving instruments around. A tall, thin lady with long blond hair rushed over to us.

"Oh. My. Gosh. You're Tara Johanson!" Brooke shrieked.

"That's me!" Tara chirped.

"This is so cool!" I heard Adrian whisper to James.

"Why don't I take it from here, Diego," Tara suggested.

"Sure. Make sure you're at make up no later than seven thirty," Diego warned before walking off.

"Let's go to the dressing rooms first," Tara said.

We walked down another hallway until we got to one with three doors. One had the name Tara Johanson on it. Another said boys and the last one said girls.

"These are the dressing rooms for you guys," Tara said. "They said you can put on any outfit you'd like then go down the hall and to the left for your hair and make up. You guys are going onstage in an hour and a half. Now, I'd love to stay and chat but I have to go find my bracelet."

She stepped into her dressing room leaving the rest of us in the hall.

"What am I going to wear?" I asked.

"Let's go look at the clothes!" Brooke cheered shoving Adrian and I through the door.

Two big mirrors with lights around them were shoved against the wall. Racks of clothing were spread out around the room. The wall on the left was completely covered by one big mirror. Brooke and Adrian immediately began searching through the outfits while I stood in the center, taking it all in.

"Look at this!" Brooke squealed.

She held up a chiffon high low summer dress. The top of it was black with thin straps and the bottom was an aqua blue color. Adrian took it from her hands and held it up to me.

"It's so pretty!" Brooke exclaimed.

"You know, I'd like to wear my converses," I pointed out.

"Seriously?" Adrian asked.