Chapter 2

(Annabelle's POV)

I rode on my skateboard down the sidewalk until I got to a beach. I jumped off my board and walked to the edge of the pier. I put my skateboard upside down so it couldn't roll away and sat down next to it. I pulled off my sandals stuck my feet in the water, put my earbuds in my ears and turned the volume up.

I got through four and a half songs, before the earbuds were pulled from my ears and a force was on my back pushing me into the water. I swam back up to the top sputtering out water. I looked up to see three guys on the pier above me. Two of them were having trouble breathing because they were laughing too hard and the other was only laughing a little. The one who wasn't laughing a lot held out a hand and pulled me out of the water.

"Sorry about that, Nick likes to pull pranks," he said giving me a smile.

"Well I'm not sorry at all," a boy with black hair said.

"I'm Emmett," the fist boy said. "This is Nick and this is James." He gestured to a boy with blonde hair. "And you must be new."

"Yeah, I'm Annabelle," I said shivering in my wet clothes.

"Here," Emmett said.

He took off his zippered hoodie and put it on my shoulders.

"It's okay," I said starting to take it off.

He put his hand on mine to stop me.

"I insist. To make up for this idiot," he said pointing to Nick.

"So, Annabelle, that sounds like a name you would have if you were living on a farm in Kansas," Nick said.

"I like my name," I defended.

"Really? you don't go by Anna or something?" He asked.

"No."

"Well I think we'll be seeing you at school then," Emmett said.

They started to walk off when I remembered Emmett's hoodie.

"Hey wait! Your jacket!" I called to him.

"It's okay! Keep it!" He yelled back then hopped into the drivers seat of a car and the others got in too.

"Well, that just happened," I said to myself.

I put my arms through the sleeves and tried to get the tangles out of my hair with my fingers. When I had no luck I looked at the clock and saw the time was 6:37. I sighed and got on my board then took off towards my new home.

"Anna Banana's home!" I heard Sophia yell as I walked through the front door.

She ran over to where I was standing and starting hopping from one foot to another.

"Guess what? Mommy's making skettie!" Sophia cheered.

"Yay, spaghettis my favorite," I said.

I took off my shoes and rested my skateboard against the wall next to the door. I walked into the kitchen and sat on the stool at the counter.

"Let it go, let it go. I can't hold it back anymore," Aunt Cierra quietly sang to herself.

"What are you singing?" I asked.

"It's a song from this movie called 'Frozen' that was made seventeen years ago," she answered.

"Frozen? So it's an old peoples movie made in the olden days?"

"It was actually made for kids. Maybe we can watch it this week, I have it on DVD. Anyways, where did you go?"

"I went to the beach near Starbucks. I actually met some guys I'll be going to school with."

"Oooh guys. Were they cute?"

"Ya. I met this one deaf guy too and he was hot!"

This is why Aunt Cierra was my favorite aunt. She was always fun and easy to talk to.

"Well that's nice. Can you help set the table?"

I nodded then grabbed plates and forks and set them around the table.

After dinner was over I headed up to my room and opened my laptop. I clicked on Skype and called Adrian. Her face popped up on the screen and she smiled.

"Hi!" I said.

"Hey! How's LA?" She asked.

'It's pretty good so far. I met some really cut boys though."

"Who? What do they look like?"

"Well, Elliot, a deaf guy, is extremely hot with brown hair and blue eyes. Emmett has light brown hair and brown eyes. Nick has black hair and brown eyes and James has blonde hair and blue eyes."

"Are they our age?"

"Yeah, and Emmett gave me his hoodie and told me to keep it."

"Why?"

"Maybe he's rich and has a lot of them."

"Why did he give you the hoodie in the first place?"

"I was shivering because Nick pushed me into the water."

My little brother Andrew popped into the screen. His hairstyle was like my Uncle Jordan's when he was about twenty-three, but its color is the same as my dads. His hair was ruffled with sleep and his pajamas were wrinkled.

"Go to sleep. You woke me up," he said grumpily then walked out the door.

"What time is it?" I asked.

"About midnight," she answered nanchalantly.

"Midnight! I'm sorry i forgot about the time difference," I apologized.

"It's okay, I'll call you tomorrow. I should probably get some sleep," She said.

Adrian yawned then her face dissapeared from my screen. I looked at the clock and saw it was a little after eight. I went onto youtube then typed in VenturianTale. My dad and his siblings have a youtube channel. They only post about two or three times a week though. They have over seventy-four million subscribers. Adrian, Andrew, my cousins, and I are in fanmail videos sometimes. I even overheard the adults talking about giving Andrew, Adrian, And I the channel now. I clicked on a creepypasta highschool video. Jeff the Killer was putting his face up to the camera.

"Hi. Hello," Aunt Cierra said in a creepy voice.

I'm not sure why but that part always makes me laugh really hard. I kept clicking on videos from the suggestion area until I saw that it was ten o'clock. I shut down my laptop then crawled into bed. Tomorrow was my first day of school at Los Angeles High School. (Random name :3) I mentally looked through my clothes and decided to wear white denim shorts, a black tank top, and a blue crop top. I set my alarm clock to six in the morning then curled up under my blanket.