Chapter 18

(Adrian's POV)

Zach walked in and sat on the couch across from me. We were in the living room of an abandoned house. It was old and Victorian style with red walls and dark brown wooden floors. I was tied to a chair with a soft, cushiony seat. Zach took me while I was walking home from my friends house down the street. He hasn't been mean to me though. He gave me food and water when I needed it. Took me to the bathroom and just talked.

"I saw Annabelle," He said. "She slipped out of my grasp and got away though."

I sighed in relief.

"Do you want anything to eat or drink?" Zach asked.

"No," I said quietly.

The windows to the abandoned house shattered and uniformed men jumped in. They grabbed Zach pinning him to the ground then dragged him out the door. The big men untied me and brought me outside.

"Are you okay? Are you hurt?" One of the police officers asked.

"I'm fine," I mumbled.

"Let's bring you to the hospital, that's where your family is," the man said.

When we got there Annabelle, Emmett, Nick, James, Brooke, Elliot, and Andrew were sitting in the waiting room. Annabelle ran over and engulfed me in a hug. The second she let go James wrapped his arms around my waist and swung me around.

"Where are my parents?" I asked.

"Your mom broke her wrist and is getting a cast on right now," James said. "Your dad hurt his back or something and is in surgery."

The world around me swayed and I felt my body go numb.

"He hurt his back?" I asked quietly.

"Yeah, something about a tendon," James said.

"B-But he already broke a tendon once," I said. "He might not be able to walk again."

James' face softened and he pulled me into another hug. We walked over to sit with the others. My mom walked out with a blue cast on her left wrist.

"Mom!" I cried.

I ran over giving her a hug. I felt Annabelle's thin arms wrap around me as she hugged mom at the same time.

"I'm so glad you two are okay," my mom whispered hugging us with her right arm.

"Who was that guy? What was Zach talking about?" Annabelle asked, her voice wavering and on the edge of tears.

I've never seen her like this before. Annabelle is usually confident and fearless, never wanting to be weak. My mom looked at the others who had their eyes on us and pulled us to the chairs in the corner.

"We weren't going to tell you until you were eighteen," my mom started. "That man, Zachary Warden, was full of anger. When your Uncle Jordan was twenty-two tears old he was texting and driving then accidentally hit Zachary's little brother and sister. Unfortunately they both died. He wanted to kill all of Uncle Jordan's siblings for revenge. When I was sixteen he kidnapped me and got me pregnant with you two. He was still supposed to be in jail for four more years though."

"So, he wasn't lying," I said quietly.

"He told you what happened?" My mom asked.

"He just talked about how he was my father and he loved me and wanted to get to know me better," I said.

"Please, never ever talk to him," my mom begged.

"You kept our father away from us for sixteen years," Annabelle said, her voice rising.