chapter 11

(Annabelle's POV)

"i got us a gig," Emmett said proudly as he set his lunch tray down.

"a gig? We only have half the lyrics to one song," Sean said.

"I know, but I was talking to my sister who's in college and I told her about the band. She said there was a party this Saturday and they needed someone to play," Emmett explained.

"this saturday? That's only two days away!" I said in exasperation.

"which is why we need at least three songs by then," Emmett said.

"Do you honestly think we can do that?" James asked.

"Maybe. You guys can all come over right after school, and you can come too Brooke," Emmett said.

"Do you know how long that's going to take?" James asked.

"if we all work together then maybe it wont be too long. The party starts at nine thirty so we'll have a lot of time that day too. Nobody ever said becoming famous was easy. This is what it takes. We have to work hard to do what we want in life! And we will be able to do it!" Emmett encouraged.

We all groaned in response.

"You guys don't appreciate me," Emmet mumbled.

"I wish Adrian was here for my first gig," I said sadly.

"Don't you dare invite her any time soon. She's gonna kill me!" James shrieked.

"Don't be a wimp," Nick said slapping him on the back of the head.

"Ow! Dude that actually hurt!" James whined.

"Good. Maybe it'll man you up," Nick said.

"I can give you a ride too Annabelle," Emmett offered. "I already take Nick and Brooke."

"Yeah, thanks," I said.

~timeskip to party~

We all hopped out of cars and unloaded our instruments. Emmett, Brooke, and Nick rode in Emmett's car, and James, Sean, Elliot, and I rode in Sean's. We walked to the backyard where the party was in full swing. A man noticed us standing there and walked up.

"Are you guys the ones who are playing?" The guy asked, his breath smelling faintly of alcohol.

"Yeah, that's us," Emmett said.

"Well then come one, I'm Derek, this is my party. You guys can set up on the back deck like a stage. Like I said on the phone, you play three songs then come get me for the money and you can leave, unless you wanna stay with us and party. If you need anything just come get me," Derek said then walked away.

We all turned to look at Emmett.

"What? this could be good publicity!" Emmett exclaimed.

He headed to the deck and we followed him. Elliot set my amp down and found an outlet to plug it in to. It took Nick five minutes to get his drums set up. A girl with blonde hair walked up.

"You guys better do good or else I'll be humiliated for recommending you," The girl said.

"This is my older sister, Kira," Emmett said.

"Hi. Remember to stay away from the alcohol and do good," Kira said smiling.

She have us a thumbs up then walked off with her friends.

"Are we ready to start?" Sean asked.

"Wait, where's James?" Emmett asked.

We looked around but the spot he was standing at seconds ago was now vacant.