Chapter 17

(Annabelle's POV)

I quietly crept down the stairs and into the kitchen where I heard the noise. A dark figure was standing by the counter looking down at something. I gasped falling backwards and knocking over a wooden bowl of fake fruits. The man turned and I could see his teeth shine as he smiled.

"Hey there Annabelle," the man said.

"W-Who are you?" I asked.

My heart was beating faster than usual and I'm pretty sure my pulse was close to two hundred beats per minute.

"Too bad I didn't get to name you. I think I would've chosen Samantha," the person said.

"Why Samantha?" I asked letting my curiosity get the best of me.

"Because I had a little sister named Samantha. Unfortunately your uncle Jordan hit and killed her with a car when she was four," the man explained.

"Why would you be able to name me?" I asked getting to my feet.

"Obviously I'm your-"

"What are you doing here?" Sean asked running down the stairs.

"I think you already know who I am," the man quietly laughed.

He took a step forward. The moonlight shone on him making his green eyes sparkle.

"Z-Zach?" I asked.

My parents rushed down the stairs and ran in between us. My mom turned to us in a panick.

"You have to go!" My mom said.

"Who is that guy? Do you know him?" I asked.

"Listen to me, you have to go right now," My mom ordered.

"Oh come on, shouldn't a man be allowed to get to know his own daughter?" Zach asked.

"D-Daughter? Mom what is he talking about?" I asked.

"You have to take her and go now!" My mom said to Sean.

"No! I'm not leaving until I know what's going on!" I said stomping my foot.

Sean lifted me up bridal style and ran out the back door. I heard my mom scream as we got farther away.

"Sean! Put me down!" I yelled.

"Shh!" Sean hissed.

Tears started falling from my eyes as he ran into woods near my house. Sean carried me farther into the trees until he was panting. He sat down at the base of a tree with me in his lap.

"W-What's going on?" I asked.

"It's okay," Sean said soothingly.

He pulled me into a hug and I cried into his shoulder. Sean pulled me even closer to him when I heard the sound of twigs snapping. My head shot up and I saw Zach standing there.

"Go away Zachary!" Sean yelled.

He jumped to his feet putting me behind him.

"Don't you wanna know where Adrian is?" Zach asked.

I tried to run out to Zach but Sean's arms pulled me back behind him.

"Sean!" I whined.

"No, Annabelle he's lying," Sean said.

"I just want to get to know my daughters," Zach complained.

"What do you mean by daughters?" I asked.

Sean stiffened and Zach laughed a little.

"They never told you? Well, why would they?" Zach asked. "I'm your real father, not Isaac Frye."