Chapter 20

(Annabelle's POV)

The sound of the crowd was deafening as I ran over to where my guitar was. I quickly put the strap around my neck just as the lights turned on. I didn't think it was possible but the audience got even louder. The stage lights warmed my skin and made me blink a few times. I could see Brooke, Elliot, and Adrian waving their arms in the first row. Emmett stepped up to the mic and the whole crowd got quieter.

"Thank you everyone!" Emmett said causing the crowd to road again. "We are going to start off with a song we wrote called Living."

We got through our three old songs and a new one that Emmett, Sean, and Nick had written. I put my guitar on the stand then stood at the edge of the stage with the others.

"You guys have been an amazing audience tonight!" Emmett cheered into the microphone. "We'd love to stay but unfortunately we have to let Tara have the stage. Thank you!"

With that the lights turned off and we quickly made an exit off the stage. Adrenaline coursed through my veins as people hugged and congratulated us backstage. A tall man with wavy hair walked up to us.

"You guys were great," he said then held out a small rectangular paper. "I'm Jason Marino, from Marino Music"

Emmett took the business card from his hand and studied it.

"I think you have real potential. Give me a call sometime," Jason said.

"Yes, sir," Emmett said shaking his hand.

Jason walked off with a lady in a suit.

"Did that just happen?" Sean asked in a daze.

"I think it did," I mumbled.

"Jacob Marino," James said quietly. "Marino Music. That's like the biggest recording studio ever!"

"This is so awesome!" Nick shouted.

Tara hurried over in full make up and costume.

"You guys were amazing!" Tara cheered.

"Thank you!" I said giving her a hug. "You look great!"

"Thanks! By the way, you can all keep the outfits," Tara said. "As a thank you kind of thing."

"But we're already getting paid a lot of money and these are expensive," Emmett said.

"Don't worry about it. Diego told me to tell you," Tara said waving her hand. "I saw Jason Marino talking to you. That's a good sign!"

"Really?" Sean asked.

"Definitely," Tara stated.

"C-Can I get your autograph?" I asked.

"Sure!" She said.

Tara grabbed a nearby pen and clipboard that must've belonged to one of the workers.

"Do you guys want one too?" She asked.

They nodded furiously and Tara started scribbling on the paper. She unclipped it then tore it into five different pieces. Mine said "You are an amazing singer and guitarist! I know you'll make it big someday! -Tara Johanson"

"Thank you!" I squealed.

"No problem. I gotta go on stage in five minutes so I'll see you later," She said then walked off.

*timeskip*

My phone rang from where it sat on my desk. I clicked answer then pressed it up to my ear.

"Hello," I said.

"Hey, it's Emmett," Emmett said.

"What's up?" I asked.