Chapter 7

(Elliot's POV)

(Finally someone else's POV)

I quickly changed into dark blue shorts and a white shirt. I ran out and hopped onto the couch just as Annabelle walked into the room. My large shirt hung on her small frame making her look like a porcelain doll.

"What?" she asked sitting next to me.

"What?" I asked.

"Why are you staring at me?" Annabelle asked.

"I wasn't I was just thinking about...Whether or not they had cookies in colonial times and how they got the name cookies, like did someone say 'I'm gonna cook these and call them cookies' or what? How many kinds of cookies are there? I've only had chocolate chip, peanut butter, sugar, double chocolate chunk, pumpkin, and some other kinds that I can't remember," I said quickly.

Annabelle looked at me for a few moments in confusion.

"What are you talking about?" She asked.

"What movie do you wanna watch?" I asked changing the subject.

I walked over to the cabinet leaving Annabelle speechless. At least I think she was speechless, I'm not sure since I'm deaf. I looked through the movies and Annabelle sat down next to me. She looked at the titles until stopping at one she liked. She held up The Admierer. I took the case from her and pushed it into the DVD player. I sat down on the couch next to Annabelle resting my arm on the back of the couch right behind her. Annabelle hit play and sat back to watch.

There was only twenty-five minutes of the movie left and the first kissing scene happened. I looked over to Annabelle who was watching with a weird smile on her face.

"What's that look for?" I asked waving my hand to get her attention.

"What look?" Annabelle asked.

"Your look, little ms. smiles-weird," I teased.

"I do not smile weird!" She countered.

"Do to!"

"Do not!"

"Tell the truth!"

"Never!"

"Fine. Then I'll force it out of you."

I reached forward placing my hands on her hips. Annabelle started shaking so I knew she was laughing. I continued tickling her and soon I was laying above her and our faces were inches apart. I stopped moving my fingers and rested my hands on her hips. Annabelle opened her eyes and her face went serious. The moment was intense and the air seemed almost suffocating. Our faces were close enough so I could smell her strawberry Chapstick. I leaned forward giving her a small kiss on the lips. When I looked back at her she had that funny smile on her face and her cheeks were a pretty shade of pink. She looked at something behind me and her face turned completely red. I turned around to see my little sister Emelia.

"Ew," she said using sign language.

"Go away Lia," I ordered.

"You don't have to tell me twice," Lia said.

The nine year old scurried out of the room without a second thought. I wrapped my arms around Annabelle and she snuggled into me. By the time the movie was over Annabelle was asleep with her head resting on my shoulder. I smiled and picked her up bridal style. She didn't weigh a lot so it was easy to carry her into my room and tuck her into my bed. I kissed Annabelle's forehead and crawled in next to her.

I woke up and went to roll onto my back but ended up falling off the bed. I hit my head on the bedside table and groaned in pain. I looked at Annabelle's phone and saw she had a text.

Aunt Cierra: In case they didn't tell you, there's no school today because it's teachers records day.

Annabelle: Okay.

I answered for Annabelle. I went on my knees and saw Annabelle peacefully sleeping in my bed. Wow she's a heavy sleeper. I crouched beside Annabelle and moved a piece of brown hair away from her face. She's so pretty. I'm so glad she ran into me the other day. I held her shoulders and started to shake her. Annabelle yawned and stretched her arms. She opened her eyes and smiled when she saw me.

"Good morning," I said.

"Good morning," she replied.

I leaned forward and kissed her.

(Annabelle's POV)

I pulled away from Elliot's kiss.

"I have to get to school," I said swinging my legs over the side of the bed.

"Actually you got a text from your aunt and she said there was no school today because it's records day," Elliot explained.

"Oh. In that case," I slid off the bed and into his lap.

He wrapped his arms around me and pressed his lips into mine. We stayed like that for five minutes until Elliot said he would make breakfest. He went into the kitchen to cook while I went to the bathroom to change. As I put on my jean jacket a small slip of paper fell out of the pocket. I looked at it and remembered that Emmett asked me to call him last night. I walked out to the kitchen to find Elliot standing over the stove. I waved my hand to get his attention.

"Where's my phone?" I asked.

"On my bedside table," he answered.

I walked into his room and grabbed my phone. I unlocked it and saw the text from my Aunt Cierra, Elliot had said okay for me. I dialed the number and listened to it ring. After five rings it someone finally answered it.

"Hello?" a voice groggily asked.

"I'm sorry, did I wake you?" I asked.

"No, no, it's fine. It's already ten thirty, I should be waking up anyways. Who is this?" Emmett asked, his voice sounded more awake.

"It's Annabelle," I answered.

"Annabelle! I was starting to think you weren't going to call me."

"Oh I just got preoccupied with something. Anyways, what did you guys want to talk about?"

"Well, we were wondering if you wanted to be in a band with us."

A/N

Any suggestions for BAND NAMES? I will give credit.