Chapter 16

(Annabelle's POV)

"Your heartbeat is really fast so I think I'm going to up your dose," Dr. McCarther said.

I sat on the hospital bed while my endocrinologist checked up on me.

"You'll be able to pick it up at your pharmacists," he said.

"okay thanks," I said getting up to leave.

I walked out to where Elliot was waiting to pick me up. He kissed my cheek and put my helmet on. Elliot drove us to my house and we walked inside. In the kitchen Aunt Cierra was putting groceries away while Sophia rambled on and on.

"Hey, how'd it go?" Aunt Cierra asked.

"Good. They're upping my dose so I have to pick up my new pills tomorrow," I said. "Where's Adrian?"

"She had to go back to Ohio to sign some papers for school or something," Aunt Cierra said. "She'll be back tomorrow night."

"Okay," I said sitting next to Sophia.

"Look it! I drew a princess!" Sophia yelled.

I looked at the paper to see something that resembled a potato wearing a dress and tiara.

"It's beautiful!" I lied.

"I saw your band in the newspaper," Aunt Cierra said.

"What's a newspaper?" I asked.

"It's like the online news except on paper," Aunt Cierra said.

"Is that like the rolled up paper on our doorstep in the morning?" I asked.

"Yeah," Aunt Cierra said.

"Oh, so that's what those things are," Elliot said.

My phone buzzed and I looked to see a text from Emmett.

Emmett: Do you and Elliot want to out for dinner with me, Nick, James, Sean, and Brooke?

I showed Elliot the text and he nodded.

Annabelle: Sure

Emmett: Okay, me and James will pick you up in a couple minutes

"Can me and Elliot go out to eat with some friends?" I asked.

"Sure, be back by nine," Aunt Cierra said.

We walked outside just as two cars pulled into the driveway. Elliot and I hopped into the backseat of Emmett's car. We drove down the street to a nearby Applebee's. As soon as we got inside Emmett's phone rang and he excused himself to answer it as we sat down. We were about to order when Emmett rushed over.

"That was Diego Dulen," Emmett said excitedly.

"Who's Diego Dulen?" James asked.

"Tara Johanson's manager," Emmett said.

We all stopped what we were doing and stared at him.

"Are you serious?" Nick asked.

Emmett nodded furiously. "He wants us for the opening act for her next concert!"

"No way," I said.

"Yep!" Emmett said.

We all started cheering and yelling until the manager told us to be quiet. Our food came out and my stomach growled at the sight of it. I picked up my fork to eat when my phone rang.

"Hello," I greeted.

"Annabelle?" My mom asked worriedly.

"This is she," I said.

"I'm so glad you're okay," my mom said sighing in relief.

"Why wouldn't I be okay?" I asked laughing.

"We can't find Adrian," My mom said. "She went missing a few hours ago."

"What? Are you serious?" I asked hoping it was a joke. Suddenly I wasn't hungry anymore.

"I'm serious," My moms voice cracked.

"Okay, I'm coming," I said.

"I think you should stay there," My mom said.

"I can't stay here. I'm going to the airport right now. I'll be there in a couple hours," I stated hanging up.

"Where are you going?" Nick asked.

"I'm need to go to Ohio. Now," I said.

I stood up and was just outside the door when they stopped me.

"Why are you going to Ohio?" Brooke asked.

"Adrian is missing," I said.

"A-Adrian?" James asked.

"I need to go to the airport right now," I said walking to Emmett's car.

"I'm going too," James said.

"Me too!" Sean exclaimed.

"How about we all go and I'll pay for the tickets?" Emmett suggested.

"That'll cost a lot," Nick said.

"So?" Emmett said.

"Well, let's go then I guess," Nick said.

It was almost one in the morning by the time we got to my old house. My parents were sitting in the kitchen when we walked in. They rushed over to squeeze me in a hug.

"Is this the part where you tell me it was all a joke?" I asked hopefully.

"Unfortunately no," my dad said.

"You and Brooke can sleep in your room and the boys can sleep in the guest room," my mom said.

Her eyes were red and puffy and her clothes were wrinkled. We walked up the stairs and separated into our designated bedrooms. Brooke and I changed into some pajamas that Adrian left behind. She hopped into Adrian's bed while I got into mine. I turned off the light and laid there until I couldn't keep my eyes open anymore.

I fell off my bed and instantly woke up. I looked to Brooke but she was still asleep. My clock read three forty-seven am. I got up to go back to sleep when I heard a small bang from downstairs.

A/N

It's Friday!!! :D I told my mom that I might want to be a writer someday. She said NO. She wants me to be an engineer because I'm good at that kind of stuff and I win all the competitions in my STEM class. But ever since I started wattpad I learned that I LOVE writing. When I was 7 I used to carry around a little notebook and write stories about super heroes and stuff. I still have one of them. It was so ADORABLE! So yeah, I'm a little bummed but oh well. :P