Chapter 8

(Annabelle's POV)

I sat on the couch waiting for Emmett, Nick, James, and Sean to get here. After I talked to Emmett on the phone he said he wanted to start a band. I rode my skateboard home because they said they'd come to my house. The doorbell rang and I could hear small footsteps and yelling come from the other room. I walked up behind Sophia and pulled the door open. Sean was leaning against the porch column with his hands in his pockets, Nick had James in a headlock, and Emmett was standing there professionally.

"Hey guys!" I said opening the door wider signaling for them to come in. "We can go up to my room."

I felt a tug on my shirt and looked down to see Sophia holding the hem my shirt with large eyes.

"Can I come too?" She asked.

"Fine, but you have to be quiet because we're talking," I said reluctantly.

"Yay!" Sophia yelled.

She ran up the stairs and we followed her into my room. Sean picked up my acoustic guitar and started strumming.

"So, a band?" I asked.

"Yeah, I play bass guitar, Nick plays guitar, James plays the keyboard, and Sean plays guitar," Emmett said.

"Yeah, we've been looking for a fifth band member and we think you'd be good. Sean plays rhythm guitar, what about you?" James asked.

"I usually play lead guitar," I answered.

"That's perfect!" Nick exclaimed.

Sophia was squirming from where she was sitting on my bed. She kept her mouth closed but moved her jaw up and down as though she were talking, but making quiet mumbling sounds.

"What do you want to say?" I asked.

"You should call your band forever young because I'm wittle and young and mommy says I'm gonna be her wittle baby forever," Sophia suggested.

We all looked at her then at eachother.

"You know, that's actually really good," James considered.

"I think it rules!" Nick exclaimed giving Sophia a high five.

Sophia bounced on the balls of her feet before running out the door.

"So, what do you say? Wanna join?" Emmett asked.

I looked at all of them and they looked back at me.

"Okay," I agreed.

They all jumped up cheering and wrapped me in a hug.

"We've been wanting to start this band for forever, but we couldn't find a fifth band member who we thought was good enough," Emmett said.

"The actual reason I moved here was because I wanted to be famous," I confessed looking down.

I felt my cheeks get warm, the guys started laughing and they got hotter.

"You should've just told us!" Nick laughed.

I looked up surprised by his comment.

"Yeah, we want to be famous too!" James exclaimed.

"Well sorry, I thought you guys would think I was stupid," I said joining their laughter.

"Why don't we go back to my house," Emmett suggested.

"Okay," I agreed.

"Shotgun!" James yelled running out the door.

"Hey!" Sean and Nick both cried following him.

"Is it always like this?" I asked Emmett as we walked down the stairs.