Chapter 13

<timeskip to three days later>

(Emmett's POV)

My phone started ringing as I sat in the hospital room. Adrian and Elliot have stayed the night here while the rest of her family checks into a nearby hotel. The beeping of the heart monitor mixed with my ringtone made a rythmic sound. I excused myself and went into the hall to answer the call.

"Hello," I said.

"Hello, my name's Sarah Greene. I'm running the fundraiser for the Stop Cancer with Creativity this year," Sarah greeted.

The Stop Cancer with Creativity fundraiser was a big event held at the beach. They have art shows and auctions. Bands play and there's games and food. They have pottery, painting, dance, music classes, and a lot of stuff from other cultures. They make thousands of dollars each year to go towards cancer.

"We saw your band online and we were hoping you guys would play at the festival this Saturday," Sarah said hopefully.

"Hold on a second," I said.

I opened the door and motioned for Nick, James, and Sean to come out. I put the phone on speaker.

"Say that again, the other guys are here now," I said.

"We saw your band online and was hoping you guys could play at the Stop Cancer with Creativity festival this year," Sarah repeated.

The other guys started yelling and cheering in excitement.

"I wish we could but we can't," I said stopping the guys.

"Why not?" Sarah asked.

"Our fifth band member, Annabelle Frye, was in the apartment fire and is in a coma," I explained.

"Hey! Annabelle Frye got fried in a fire," Nick said laughing.

Sarah was silent on the line and we all gave Nick a look.

"Sorry," Nick mumbled looking down.

"What if you just get a replacement for now?" Sarah asked.

"We can't replace Annabelle," Sean said sternly.

"Just for this one concert?" Sarah pleaded.

"No. We've been looking for someone as good as Annabelle for three years. We finally got her and we aren't going to replace her right away," James said.

"Not a replacement just a fill-in," Sarah said.

"Sorry but no. Who knows? Maybe Annabelle will wake up in two seconds," Sean said.

"Well, if she wakes up or you decide to get a fill-in then call me," Sarah said hanging up.

"I wish Annabelle was awake so we could play the concert," Nick said.

"I just wish Annabelle was awake," Sean sadly said.

"Yeah," we all mumbled.

"Who's up for pizza?" Nick asked.

"Classic Nick, always thinking about your stomach," James laughed.

"Lets go!" Nick exclaimed practically dragging us out of the building.

We were about to get into the car when a man stopped us. His green eyes were filled with sadness and his hair was ruffled as though he kept running his hand through it.

"I heard about the fire," the man said. "Is Annabelle okay?"

"Yeah, she's doing fine," I answered glumly.