Matthew and Penelope

authors note: The little boy on the side is Matthew Luke Cullen and the little girl is Penelope Camille Cullen.

That night Edward and I spent quality time alone. The tender loving care that Edward gave to me was the right medicine to help push me back into a right state of mine. After that I was my rational self again. The necklace that my mother had been wearing during her death now hung around my neck. It was a diamond heart that had at one time belonged to her mother.

When the morning came around I decided it would be good to get Renesmee since I hadn't been around since I took off angrily the previous evening. I hated being away from her for too long.

When I came out of the cottage Edward was waiting for me dress in khaki shorts and a white button shirt. He looked at me and then held out his hand. As I came to his side he placed his arm around my waist and we took off running towards the house.

When I entered through the front door the first thing I heard was laughter. It sounded nothing like my daughters laughter so I was eager to find out who it belonged to. I followed the bell like laughter and it led me into the living room. There I found not one child but two.

Renesmee was playing what looked like patty-cake with a smaller girl with blonde hair, pale skin and unbelievable beauty who looked to be about two years old in age. This must be Penelope.

I took a step forward to get a better look and froze as a blonde boy who was slightly bigger stepped before me with his arms crossed.

"Hello there." I said before I tried to step around him to get a better look of the girl.

He mimicked my movement and blocked me again, this time he had a fierce look on his face. I could tell he didn't want me to get around him but why? Then it hit me, this young child hasn't met me yet so he must assume I'm a threat towards his sister.

I heard Emmett guffaw. "Matty that's your aunt Bella, Renesmee's mom." He said as he got to his feet. "My little man already acts like the man of the house." He said proudly as he lifted his son to his feet.

"Matty?" I questioned, curious to his name.

Rosalie stood to her feet and joined Emmett. "Matthew Luke Cullen." She said as she straightened out his shirt. "Matty this is your auntie Bella and uncle Edward." She said cheerily.

I looked into his face and saw angelic beauty. "They both definitely inherited your beauty." I said still shocked. "They are so big though."

The twins had just been born yesterday and now they looked to be almost two years in age. It took Renesmee almost two months to get that far along in her aging.

"Carlisle thinks it has to do with them having more vampire genes then human genes. We aren't worrying though because they are still part human so they are considered a hybrid. He thinks since Renesmee is supposed to be fully grown in 7 years that it will be half that for the twins."

"Three and a half years and your children will be fully grown and possibly heading out to college, getting married then having kids. How do you feel about that?" I asked, slightly taken aback.

Rosalie shrugged her arms. "Well atleast we will be good looking grandparents." She smirked.

Emmett laughed too. "Imagine that Rose." he said.

I looked over at my daughter who was helping Penelope to her feet before she lifted her into her arms and carried her over to me. Renesmee set Penelope to her feet and then held her hand up. As I leaned forward she touched her hand to my cheek. She was introducing me to her cousin Penelope and Matthew.