Pretend

As I sat outside watching the children playing happily together on their playgrounds Edward came over and sat down beside me. He took my hands into his and kissed them before turning his gaze towards Carlisle and Esme who seemed to be deep in thought.

"What's on their mind?" I asked Edward as I leaned into his arms.

Sighing he wrapped his arms around me. "Esme thinks its time for a move and Carlisle is tagging along behind her in thought. After the kids are sleeping they will talk to us all." he murmered into my ear.

"Where would we go?" I asked curiously, wondering where my daughter would be sleeping these next few days.

"Denali, we have a home out there near our cousins that is secluded far from humans so it will be safe four the children then our home on the east coast. Plus we will be close to our family in Forks." He explained. "Carlisle is also wondering about whether or not the children will be mature enough to start kindergarten when the school year begins." He added.

I looked over at the play house of Renesmee's and watched as she was taking in toys of hers. "Do you think she is ready?" I asked Edward as I twisted a strand of my  wavy dark brown hair between my fingers.

I felt as Edward turned his head in her direction. "I think she was ready three months ago." He smirked. "She is well behaved, knows right from wrong, can keep the secret of the laws and is smart. She needs to go to school, she needs to find herself."

Taking a deep breath I allowed myself to ponder on the things Edward had said.

"It will be nice Bella. The house is extremely large and has rooms on both ends of the house so Rose, Emmett and the twins will have one side and then you and I and Ness will have the other." He added.

I held up my hand to seise him. "Wait, what about Esme and Carlisle where will they stay?" I asked. Maybe there is a guest house that they would share or a guest room in the center.

"Esme and Carlisle are going to stay here for a few more years and then join us. Whenever we did a move we would change our age and story. Since we have been high school students this time around we will be adults in our mid twenties. Carlisle and Esme will become our aunt and uncle." He explained.

I wonder how old I would be. If I had to start out at an age that went well with my appearance I would choose 25 or 27. I could pass for 27 right? Then again the only person that would know before anyone else would be Alice. Speaking of Alice where would they go?

"What about Alice?" I asked him.

"Alice and Jasper will stay with the Denali's." He responded as he rose to his feet. "Renesmee wants us to see her house. She is trying to convince us that she can live in her own house." He added with a hearty chuckle.

I took Edwards hand and walked across the yard to Renesmee's play mansion. "Where is she?" I asked as I  got on my knees and peered through the windows.

Edward smirked. "Renesmee wants us to knock." He added.

I balled my hand into a fist and rose it to knock three times on the door. For a few seconds everything was silent.  The creaking of a small door was the first sound I heard and then the small pitter-patter of feet. In the next moment the door opened and there was my daughter wearing an apron.

She courtseyed like a young lady. "Bonjour bienvenu chez moi." She said in perfect french.

I looked at Edward, confused to what she was saying. "She said 'hello welcome to my home'. Edward said before he bowed and then took Renesmee's hand and kissed it. "Je suis chanceux d'etre en presence de la plus belle fille." He then replied, his french as elegant and fluent as his portugese had been during our honey moon.