The little vampire

I don't know how long I slept but when I woke up the environment around me was buzzing. My mother and father were downstairs talking to my grandfather. It sounded like the conversation had just began.

My mother was the one talking. She was explaining to my grandfather what had happened, the lie. Seconds into the conversation my father blurted out that he was going to go and check on me. Without waiting for a response or reaction I heard his footsteps coming up the stairs. Then the bedroom door opened.

I heard him sniff the air and growl before he crossed the room and lifted me into his arms.

"Hi daddy." I said giving him a gentle smile.

His eyes darted around the room before they settled on the window I had looked out before I fell asleep. What was going on?

"Daddy what's wrong?" I asked him.

He pulled me closer into his arms as he rose to his feet. "There's been a vampire here." He replied.

Then my mother was closing the door to the bedroom to give us privacy. "I recognize the scent. It belongs to that little girl." My mother said as she crossed the room and pulled me into her arms.

It felt weird being shifted from one person to the next. I was happy to be held but I didn't like the passing back and forth thing much.

My mother inclined her head to mine and took several deep breaths, inhaling my scent.

"That vampire that attacked you?" My father growled.

"She didn't mean to." My mother said keeping her eyes closed. "She is just a scared girl that's all."

"Bella love, she attacked you." My father repeated.

My mothers eyes opened. "No she didn't she showed me how she died, or almost died. That's her power." My mother set me to my feet. "I felt everything she felt and saw everything she saw as if I was in her body."

My father was at a loss for words. "She followed Renesmee." He said pointedly.

Then the window opened and a small girl was sitting on the ledge. "Only to protect her." She slipped inside and rose to her feet. "I'm Jennifer I'm twelve and I've come to help you guys."

My father growled at her. "Your an immortal child you will get us killed!" He hissed.

Jennifer looked at him and shook her head. "I'm old enough or at least that is what Aro said when he bit me. He said I was the same age as Jane when he turned her and her twin." She explained. "He wants me in his coven but I fled from him. I don't want to be a monster."

I looked at my father. "That's Mikes baby sister she went missing just days after she turned twelve." I thought. I then recalled the moment he showed me the picture.

My father nodded his head. "You have a brother." He said simply.

She frowned. "I used to but he is human he can't know about me unless he's prepared to die. Aro said this to me he said why turn away from the chance of a family when in turn I will have nothing."

My mother crossed the room and brought her into her arms. "You can stay with us for as long as you want to. You will have children to play with like our daughter Renesmee." I saw my mother glance in my fathers direction.

"Bella?" He questioned.

I knew from that tone he wasn't exactly into the idea of a vampire child with a horrible gift like that being around me or the family.

It wasn't fair though. She didn't ask for this life. Just because she didn't want to become a monster she doesn't deserve a family.

I crossed the room and hugged her. "I can't wait to show you my cousins." I said to her. "We are going to be the best of friends."