Denali

Just like Edward had said, we arrived into town just before noontime. We drove for a few minutes before we began off roading like we did when we were going to the main house in Forks. I watched, taking note of the different types of pines that created a natural shield from the humans, as we wound through the path that led deeper into the massive forests.

Finally, after ten minutes of driving, I was able to see some clearing. Then all at once we broke through. Sitting, nestled 20 yards from the lake, before us was a three story cabin. The entire back wall was glass and the foundation was wood. It looked like the house had been build from the pine trees itself with the exception of bricks making up parts here and there, including the three chimneys that stood in the center and sides of the house.

When Edward finally parked and shut off the engine I slid from the truck, taking my time to soak in the view that was now my home. The yard was expansive and gave enough room to recreate, or reassymble the play things that Alice had got for the children.

The lake was surrounded on every side by the thick trees so I knew that we wouldn't have to share it with humans or worry about summer surprise visits. We would be able to swim in the summer and ice skate in the winter. It was perfect.

"So how is it?" Edward asked as he wrapped his arms around me from behind.

I leaned into his arms as I looked up at the massive house that set beautifully before us. "Eh, it could be bigger." I said jokingly.

Edward laughed too. "You are something else." he said as he nuzzled against my neck.

Sensing movement behind me I wriggled myself out of his arms and turned around. Renesmee was sitting up in the cab, looking out the window at her surroundings.

"Is this our home mommy?" She asked as she opened the door and climbed out.

"Yes honey." I replied as I took her hand into mine. "Isn't it pretty like grandma Esme's house?" I asked her.

Renesmee nodded her head and skipped along the path that led to the house.

"Well I think we should follow suit and head on inside, don't you think?" Edward said as he followed behind Renesmee.

"I'll wake up Jake." I called after him.

Walking to the back seat of the truck I opened up the door and stared at Jacob. Smirking to myself I watched his nostrils flair as he breathed heavily. The silver tape was still holding up against his violent snores.

Reaching forward I grabbed the corner between my thin pale fingers and counted to three before I ripped it off. I jumped back quickly just in time as Jake howled in pain and tumbled out of the seat.

He rubbed his face quickly and then looked around. His eyes fell on me with my toublesome grin, then they flickered to the piece of silver tape in my hand.

"What the hell did you do to me?" He asked slightly confused.

I pulled him effortlessly to his feet and helped to dust him off before I began to explain. "You fell asleep and started snoring again so I used duct tape to shut you up." I replied casually.

Jacob shut the door and then looked around. "This house is so big." He said in amazement.

I nudged his shoulder as I walked past him up towards the house. Turning to look over my shoulder I grinned at him. "Well you can stand there and gaze at it or you can come in and check out the inside." I said before taking off at a run.

I could hear Jake picking up his pace behind me. When I came to the front door I hesitated a moment, looking through the glass, and then opened it. Taking a step inside I looked around.