Bullies

After my English class I had Math then was Chemistry. I took my time walking up to the third floor to the Chemistry lab. When I entered the classroom I took the first seat I came to. I sat my backpack down and climb up on the tall stool. When I finally took my seat several heads were looking at me.

I ignored the stares. Honestly has no one ever seen a 7 year old getting onto a stool. In walked the teacher wearing her lap coat and a pair of thick goggles.

"This is AP Chem for those that have barily made it into AP Program I don't expect you to pass. We grade on a curve so-" She nodded at the girl sitting in the seat behind me who also happened to be the rude red head from English "-Molly I already know you will be the curve setter."

Molly looked at me and smirked. "Thats right."

I shook my head and turned back to the front. That girl was going to be disappointed.

"Look to your left. That person sitting right beside you is your lab partner for the rest of the school year." She said. "Greet your partner and get started. The bunson burner and chem set is on your table along with the necessary chemicals and your instructions. Be careful."

I turned to my left, finally giving my attention to the guy sitting beside me. He was dressed in dark clothes. His hair and makeup equally black.  He looked so sad. Why was he so sad.

"Hi!" I said cheerfully as I extended my hand to shake his.

He took one look at me and looked away. I saw his fists clench slightly and his shoulders raise and fall as he took a deep breath.

"I'm Renesmee." I introduced as I rested my hand on the counter.

For several seconds we sat there in silence. Sighing I pulled the instructions to myself and began reading. From what I learned we were supposed to be taking water, and using any of the items before us, and turn it into a solid and then the solid into gas. It didn't tell us what chemicals we were suppose to use and in what order as that was what we needed to find out ourselves.

I looked at the ingrediants that set before me and then closed my eyes. I needed to use something, anything that set before me to make the water turn into a solid. Water was a liquid meaning in order to make it solid I needed to freeze it.

I opened my eyes and looked at the end of my desk. There was a small co2 tank. Sitting in a small box of random items where gloves, spare goggles, a few medium sized bags and duct tape. There also was some rope and other various things which I didn't need. I knew what I was going to do.

Taking the small co2 tank I grabbed the bag and secured it tightly around the nozzle. After making sure it was tightly secured I put on my goggles and my gloves for safety. I made one more check on the nozzle and bag connection before I began slowly turning the valve open. I watched for 10 seconds as the bag began filling with the carbon dioxide began filling the bag. Once I knew I had enough I reclosed the valve.

Carefully I removed the bag from the nozzle and transfered the, now, dry ice into a thick jar that sat before me. I had dry ice meaning I could freeze the water and turn it into a solid.

I moved the beaker stand to hover over the glass jar that held my dry ice and then put the beaker of water in the stand. Almost immeadiately the water froze into ice.

The teacher walked past my table and stopped to eye what I had done with interest. She made a few notes on her clipboard and then walked off.

I took the frozen water and then turned on the bunsen burner before I hovered the glass a few inches above it to begin melting the ice. After a few seconds the ice had melted just enough for me to take it back out of the glass. I took a tray and then turned the glass over. Effortlessly the glass slid out with the melted water. There was enough ice to do the trick and then some.

I picked the ice up and moved the jar to the center of the table before I put the ice in. Almost immeadiately a foggy substance began to rise. There was my solid to gas.

"Finished." I said happily to myself.

The teacher who was making her second rounds around the class stopped to applaud me. "Congradulations, full points to Miss. ahh-" She paused to look at her list.

"Renesmee Cullen ma'am." I said to her.

"-Full points to Renesmee and Wyatt." She looked at Wyatt who hadn't even moved and made a tisking noise as she shook her head. "Wyatt what happened to you. You were my second best student and its like you changed over the past year."

Wyatt looked up at her before getting to his feet and leaving the class. The teacher sighed and moved on. In the next second the sound of shattering glass filled the room. I turned around and saw Molly looking upset. When she met my gaze she glared so angrily. She had no reason to look at me like that I didn't ruin her assignment and give her the 'f'.

At the end of the class I gathered my things and started the trek to the lunch room. I couldn't wait to see what my mother packed for me. When I entered the lunch room on the first floor I looked around quickly for an empty table and found one right to my left. Seconds after I took my seat I felt tension building up behind me. I didn't like the feeling.

I stood up quickly and turned around only to come face to face with Molly. Behind her were the two mean girls that laughed along side her when she poked fun at me. Some reason I knew she wasn't here to make peace.

"That's the girl that sabotaged my class project just so she could be on top!" Molly hissed.

I narrowed my eyes as I listened to her words. Did I hear her right? I was pretty sure she said that I sabotaged her lab project.

"That's a lie." I said simply. "You screwed up and now you are blaming it on  me just so you don't look bad. Take responsibilities for your own actions."

Molly's face grew as red as her hair.

"Are you going to let her talk to you like that, beat her up." The dark haired girl snapped.

My eyes widened slightly. That girl was telling Molly to fight me.

Molly looked at me and shook her head. "I'm not going to hit her she is just a little girl." She said.

The dark haired girl pushed Molly and then came over to my side before she pushed me. I took a few steps back before catching myself on the table.

"What are you doing Tammy!" Molly shouted.

In the next second I found myself being pushed to the floor. Tammy climbed ontop of me and I watched in slow motion as she pulled her arm back preparing to hit me. Before she could follow through she was pulled off me and then thrown back.

I gasped in shocked as I looked up. There standing between me and Tammy was Wyatt. He held out his hand and pulled me to my feet before shooting an angry look at Tammy and the other girls.

"Are you okay?" He asked me.

I nodded my head. "I'm fine but thank you." I said before I grabbed my things and left the lunch room.

I hoped that Alice didn't see that because then she would tell my parents and then they wouldn't let me come back. I wanted to come back. I loved school. I found a secluded room on the floor nearest my next class and decided to eat my lunch here. The moment I opened my lunch I was happy when I found a thermos of warm lions blood.

"I love you mommy." I said before I began drinking it down. When I was finished I smacked my lips to the deliciousness. "You have no idea how much I love you." I smiled as I sat my empty thermos down and rubbed my tummy.

As I sat in the quiet room I thought about the incident in the lunch room. I felt bad for those girls. Just the thought that a person would feel the need to act like that made me sad. I wanted them to be able to feel happiness and joy like I did. Then I was reminded of Wyatt. Wyatt protected me but why? Why would he out of all people feel obligated to need to do such things.