Tears

I began gathering my things up to head to my next class. Just as I was about to leave the room I had eaten my lunch in I froze, my hand in mid-reach for the door knob. The bracelet I had gotten from Jacob was missing, it had fallen off.

I closed my eyes, my heart starting to pick up in its beat. It was now as fast, if not faster then the heart beat of a humming bird. This wasn't good.

The bracelet wasn't any ordinary bracelet but a Quileute version of promise ring. The bracelet itself takes over a month to make as it was normally hand made by the male. The bracelet itself was supposed to be tied on by the male and never removed. The legends goes that if the bracelet falls off it was bad luck for the imprintee. There was only ever one case in Quileute history where the bracelet fell off the wrist of the female that the wolf had imprinted on. That wolf somehow fell away, which is supposed to be impossible. 

I headed out of the room and began quickly retracing my steps of every place I had been. Maybe if I found it and put it back on everything would be fine. I found myself heading back in the direction of the lunch room. Like every time I entered a room, all eyes were on me.

Shrugging off the gazes I went over to the table I had been sitting at and got on the floor to begin my search. When it didn't turn up I began panicking. What would happen to Jacob, would he be hurt? Would he be angry? I didn't want him to be angry at me, he was my best friend.

"Hey kid." I heard a familiar voice call.

I automatically tensed up from the memories of Tammy wanting to beat me up. Letting out a breath I rose to my feet and turned to face her.

"Hi Tammy." I murmered.

She grinned at me mischieviously and that was all I needed to know that she was up to something. If she was going to beat me up I wasn't going to fight her. My mother and father taught me fighting was bad, especially with humans because I had the advantage of being half vampire meaning I was stronger then they were.

"Are you looking for something?" She said, her voice slick. I gave a jerky nodd. "It wouldn't happen to be this?" She asked as she held her hand up.

I moved my gaze to what was in her hands and saw my bracelet. I knew it was mine from the way the knotting was so intricate and the colors earthy. Even more in the middle of the bracelet was the letters J & R. Jake and Renesmee.

"Can I have my bracelet back please?" I asked kindly.

I watched as Tammy reached into her pocket and took out a silver rectangle. "How bad do you want it?" She asked before flipping open the top and strumming her finger across it causing a flame to light.

My eyes widened. "Please don't do that." I said, my voice desperate. I watched as she began teasing me by moving the flame to my bracelet and then away. "Please." I begged this time.

I could feel the tears began to build behind my eyes.

Tammy took one look at me and then the bracelet before she moved the flame to the bottom causing my bracelet to ignite. I stared in shock as I watched the bracelet being ate by the flame. Then I heard the tinkle sound of the two metal letters hitting the floor. My bracelet was gone.

I felt the tears flowing over my eyelids before they began trickling down my face.

"What's your problem! I just ruined your bracelet aren't you going to hit me!" Tammy shouted.

I looked up at her and felt anger fill my face. I wanted to do something but I didn't know what. I wanted her to pay for what she did.

"Oh is the wittle baby crying." She laughed. "Look everyone she is crying."