Danger

As we were driving through the forest to our home my fathers phone rang. I watched closely as he brought the phone up to his ear. I was unable to catch the other end of the phone but I could make out pieces of my fathers response.

"Make sure they've hunted we are about to pull up." Was what my father said before he hung up the phone.

He glanced in my mothers direction and nodded his head before he looked back out the windshield.

What was going on? That question was answered soon enough when we broke through the last of the trees that shielded our house from humans.

In our yard was ten vampires. From the color of their eyes it was apparent that not all were vegetarians like my family. Hopefully they don't like half mortal blood.

When I got out of the truck both my mother and father kept close to my side. They must share the worry I had about their blood thirst and the fact that I have blood running through my veins.

"Welcome" my father said.

From the back of the crowd came three vampires I previously knew. Zafrina, Kachiri, and Senna stood before me and beside them were our cousins from Denali meaning, "Carmen!" I half screamed as I pushed past my mother and father.

Just as I launched myself into her arms her mate Eleazar stepped slightly to the left to give us some room.

"Hermosa chica" Carmen said happily as she spun me around once. "You have gotten so big since I have last seen you." She glanced up at my mother and father before she ran her slender fingers along my jaw line. "You look so much like your Mama and papa."

I wrapped my arms around her and then wriggled down from her arms before I fell into a conversation with Zafrina. Her gift was one of my favorites because she could make me see illusions. I remember playing with her when I was smaller in my looks.

"You have grown much since our last encounter dear child." Zafrina said to me.

I grinned before I held out my hand shyly. She took my hand and pressed it to her face. For a few seconds she just watched my thoughts and when they were over she smiled.

"Of course I will play with you." She responded to my question.

In the next second my surroundings around me shifted and I was sitting in the meadow I had occupied once before with my mother and father. I closed my eyes and tilted my head back before I slowly began twirling as the snow around me fell.

Then laughter began slipping through my lips. It had been a while since I had been this genuinely happy.

Then I was being lifted by something I couldn't see because of the illusion. I tensed up instinctively and began hissing like my parents did when they felt threatened. As I inhaled to hiss again I smelled the scent. It was my father who had picked me up.

I held up my hands and began patting the air before me until I made contact with what I recognized to be his face. I threw my arms around his neck and held him tightly.

Then I faded back to my reality. I half expected everyone to be looking at me but they weren't they were looking at something else but what?

I followed my fathers gaze to the tree lining and did my best to find what had their attention. I couldn't see anything yet because my eyesight wasn't as extraordinary as full fledged vampires so whatever it was must be deep in the woods.

"Daddy?" I said drawing his attention to me. "What is it?" I asked.

When my uncle Emmett came to stand beside us I knew something was very wrong.

I kept turning my head and craning my neck to try and find the source that was putting my family on edge but I couldn't see a thing.

"No!" I heard my father hiss before he placed me in my mothers arms and move to stand protectively before us.

"Mommy what is going on?" I asked nervously.

She turned her back to my father so I was behind her but still in her arms.

"I don't know honey but you are going to be fine." She responded.

In the next half second my uncle Emmett clenched his fists and all the vampires that stood with us went down into an angry crouch. All around me I heard growls.

"Dad." I heard Penelope call out as she joined his side.

I saw Emmett's eyes widen. "Penelope, Matthew get inside now this is not the place for you." He said. "It's not safe at all."

Then Rosalie joined us. "Emm what is going on?" She questioned as she took a step towards the twins and began scanning the surroundings.

It was my father who spoke. "A vampire is running the tree line." He said simply. "It keeps thinking 'kill'"

I gasped before I threw myself deeper into my mother embrace. " momma I'm scared." I whispered as I gripped her tightly.

Then Jacob was at my side. "Bella what's going on?" He said as he brushed my hair out of my face.

"Jake take Renesmee inside please." My mother said before putting me into his arms. She gave him a nudge and be carried me away.

"Jake what's going on?" I asked.

"I dunno Ness." He replied.

We made it into the house and stood at the windows to watch the scene play out.

I heard several growls and then I watched my mother fall to the ground and begin screaming. It sounded like she was being attacked by no one was touching her.

"Mommy!" I screamed as I pushed against the window.

The glass shattered from the pressure that I applied to it and I jumped through the window and began running.

"Renesmee!" I heard Jake shout.

I ignored him. Right now I only cared about my mother who was hurting terribly.

When I made it to her side I found my father cradling her screaming figure in his arms with a worried expression on his face.

I pressed my hand to her face for comfort but there was no change.

"Mommy" I cried as I laid myself across her chest.

I soon understood what was happening. The threat was a vampire running alongside our forest and something happened to set it off and cause him or her to attack my mother.

I rose to my feet and moved forward to stare at the trees where I suspected the vampire to be hiding. Then I screamed. "Stop it!" I screamed. "Let my mommy go and stop hurting her!" For another minute I continued screaming pleads for my mother before anything happened.

First my mothers screams died down and then both my parents were at my side.

Shaking, I rose to my feet and wrapped my arms around my mother.

"Are you okay?" I asked as I looked into her face.

Her expression was hardened and she even seemed scared. "I'm fine Renesmee." She said before bending down to kiss me.

"She wants to talk to you." My father said out of no where.

I looked up at him and shook my head. "No I don't daddy."

He shook his head and nodded towards the forest. "The vampire that attacked you wants to talk to you Bella."

My mother looked at my father. "I don't understand."

"She says she didn't mean to hurt you that was meant for me." My father said. "She comes in peace but wants to talk to you."

"Why me?" My mother asked.

"Because you are a pure hearted person." He explained.

My mother and father talked a few minutes more. My mother wanted to go and talk to the vampire but my father didn't want her too. In the end my father gave in and I watched my mother disappear into the woods.