Wyatt Hunter

Now that Wyatt had my undivided attention I was eager to know more about his mysterious marking on his shoulder. My curiosity was relientless and he finally gave in. I followed him cautiously down the hall to the nearest exit. From there we moved out to the safety and security of the nearby trees.

As we entered the forest I stopped to test my surroundings for any iminant danger. I didn't know who Wyatt truly was so I needed to make sure that I was safe. Since I was part vampire I was able to sense danger. I sniffed the air and found nothing so I continued on.

Ten feet into the forest Wyatt stopped and so did I. I climbed the nearest tree and sat on one of its branches and waited.

"What are you?" I asked him after several moments of silence.

Wyatt climbed the same tree as I did and took to the branch above mine. "I'm like you only different. I'm a hybrid. My father and mother were different from those of their kind." He explained.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"My mother was a werewolf and my father a vampire." He responded.

I gasped slightly. I remember my parents telling me about how vampires and werewolves were once enemies. This was definitely different.

"I don't understand." I said simply. "How do two enemies fall in love."

"How did your mother and father fall in love? Your mother is a human and your father a vampire." I narrowed my eyes at him. How did he know about my parents. I watched as he tapped his temple. "My mother ran away from her coven after she had imprinted on my father. She almost died trying to convince him of what he was to her. But he eventually gave in and they fell madly in love."

"Then you were born." I said to him.

He nodded his head. "My mother died during my birth and then the Volturi killed my father once they found out what he had done. Then they came after me."

"How did you get away?" I pressed.

Maybe he could help me and my family survive the Volturi when they came back. Surviving was all that I cared about. I wanted to stay with my family.

"I have a gift. I can make myself invisible to those that I don't want to see me. The Volturi happened to be one of those so they can't track me." He explained.

I wished I could make my family invisible to the Volturi. Only if.

"I have a gift." I said to him.

His expression changed to one of deep interest. Very slowly he leaned in towards me as if he wanted to see. Very carefully I rose my hand to meet his face. I heard him gasp but he didn't move. I knew he was seeing exactly what I was showing him. The Volturi coming for my family. When I dropped my hand he just stared.

"How long?" He asked me.

I stared at the bug that began climbing up the tree trunk. "Winter." I said simply.

Since we were higher up north Winter came as early as October instead of November. That was 7 months and a few weeks, give or take a few.

"I know some people, very strong vampires that I had met over my years of living. They can help protect you." Wyatt said."

I laughed nervously as I shook my head. "The only way to protect me and my family is to kill the Volturi."

Wyatt dropped from his spot in the tree and then looked up at me. "Well, what are you waiting for?" He asked me. "Every minute we have is a minute we can't afford to lose."

I didn't need to be told twice. Very carefully I slid down from the tree and landed on my feet. He held out his hand to me and I looked at it for several seconds before I finally took it. We ran from our spot in the trees to the parkinglot where we stopped beside a old school muscle car. He opened the door for me and without hesitation I climbed in and buckled my seat belt.

In the next moments we were on our way out of the school parkinglot. I pointed us in the right direction to the woods that protected our house and then Wyatt followed the hidden path to the house. Before we even had broken through the woods my father, mother, Emmett and Jacob were outside. That meant that aunt Rosalie was inside with my cousins.

When we came to a stop I got out of the car only to be surrounded by my father and mother who began talking my ear off about how irrisponsible it was for me to get into a car with a stranger. After they had finished scolding me I finally was able to get a word in inchwise.

"Mom, dad this is Wyatt." I introduced.

They looked at him and nodded. This was already going well.

"It's nice to meet you sir, I'm Wyatt Hunter. I'm here to help your family." He rose his sleeve and showed my mother father and Jake his marking.

Before I could say a thing Jake tackled Wyatt to the ground and wrapped his fingers around his neck. "You keep away from her!" He growled.

In the next second I felt the air vibrate and then Wyatt changed into a large white wolf. Wyatt's wolf form was different from Jacob's. He was larger and his white fur glistened and even radiated a glow sort of like me. It was over whelming in a good way.

Just seconds apart from Wyatt's shifting Jacob soon followed. The two immeadiately began circling one another, growling, and snapping their large snouts. Then Jacob lunged for Wyatt and then began a tousel.

My eyes widened in fear. What if one of them got hurt?

"Stop it you guys!" I shouted as I took a small step forward.

Still no change. In the next half second I heard a whimper coming from Wyatt as he was knocked in his side by Jacobs powerful blow. I didn't know what happened but I found myself running over to Wyatt's side just as Jacob was closing in on him.

"RENESMEE!" My mother shouted as I positioned myself protectively infront of Wyatt.

My body fell into a deep crouch and I began growling like my mother did whenever she was mad. Jacob took another two steps forward before he stopped. I watched as his eyes flickered between me and Wyatt and then to my wrist. Suddenly he ran off towards the house.

When Jacob disappeared I stood up from my crouch and looked around. What happened to me? I looked at Wyatt who laid whimpering on the ground before me and then ran off towards the house. I needed to talk to Jake. He needed to understand.

As I entered through the doors I found him pacing back and forth across the room. When I took a step forward he froze.

"Jacob?" I called.

I watched his muscles tense up before he turned around. I went to open my mouth to say something but then my mother walked in.

"What is going on?" She demanded. "Why in the hell did you attack him Jacob?"

I shrugged my shoulders. I was curious to hear the reason too.

"Wyatt ruined everything." He snapped. Jacob walked forward and grabbed the wrist that the bracelet had been on. "He's a border-runner." he added before letting my hand go.

"A what?" My Emmett said as he entered the house.

Jacobs face was pained now. "Border-runners are both werewolf and vampire. Because of this they are able to walk in both worlds. They shift into wolves and have the perks of a vampire in their human form. The only difference is they don't sparkle, they glow brightly like a star only vampires and werewolves can see it."

"What's so bad about that?" My mother asked. "You sound a bit predijuce towards werewolves and vampires being together."

"That's stupid." My uncle Emmett began. "You imprinted on Renesmee." he added. "She's a vampire, or atleast half."

"Yeah, and so did Wyatt. You saw the markings, he is bound to Renesmee. She is his equal." Jacob snapped again.

"What does this mean?" I asked wanting answer. "What does any of this mean?"

My mother turned to looked at me. "It means when the time is right you will have to choose." she said simply.

So that was it. When the 'time' was right I had to choose either Jacob or Wyatt. The only question was how do I know who is right for me? Everyone has two soul mates in the world only one is better then the other, even if by a small difference.