Stubborn moments

That night I lay in Edwards arms listening to Renesmee sleeping. Counting her heartbeats and breaths. That was how I passed time sometimes when Edward and I had what I loved to call our 'Silent Nights'. Silent nights were the nights where we just laid silently and pondered our personal thoughts. This only happened whenever we had a busy day and yesterday was really busy for us as an entire family.

Morning couldn't come any sooner to us so when the first light of the day hit I rose to my feet to take a shower and get ready. When I got out Renesmee had awaken. She was eager to see her cousins which made me happy. It was nice to see her with other children like her.

After I had gotten her ready and Edward had dressed we headed to the main house. As we came to the porch Renesmee ran ahead. When I stepped into the house I was overwhelmed by the smell of human food. The scent was nice but it wasn't appetizing to me, atleast anymore.

My memories of eating human food weren't anything spectacular since I wasn't ever the biggest eater. I never over-indulged or ate more then my body needed to be healthy. I wasn't anorexic or anything like that but I grew up with very little money. When it came to buying things that I wanted I always worked for it. My first job I had was babysitting my moms friends children at age 10. With the money I saved up over that month I purchased myself a book and a pair of shoes.

I followed the sounds of the children into the living room. When I first looked in on the scene I saw Renesmee sitting with her cousin Penelope and aunt Rosalie on the couch. They were watching tv. I felt another presence in the room and turned my head towards the south wall to find both Emmett and Matthew sitting with their arms crossed and identical pouts on their faces.

As I got a closer look at Matthew I realized he had grown a bit more from yesterday. He now looked to be around 6 or 7 years old in looks with his face more defined and elongated. He even looked more beautiful then he had been, if that was even possible.

Walking over to Emmett's side I took a seat beside him. "What's got you in a damper?" I asked curious to his childlike pout.

He sighed before he looked up at where Rosalie and the girls were sitting. "First of all its Friday and second of all its football season. Thirdly do I have to mention what is on tv at this exact moment?" He added in a bitter voice.

I had to do my best to try and not laugh at Emmetts heartbreak from not being able to watch the tv. When I felt confident that I could open my mouth without laughing I continued. "Uh why don't you just change the channel?" I asked.

I mean he had the remote control sitting right beside him yet he wouldn't even make an attempt to turn it to football.

Emmett gave me a look that I had never seen on his face before. "Have you ever tried changing the channel while Rosalie was watching her baby shows?" Emmett asked.

By baby shows Emmett meant 'A Baby Story', 'Bringing Home Baby' and 'Make Room For Multiples'. Every morning that I've been here it was like clock work.

"Actually I'm not a big fan of television so I don't think I'd want to watch something that bad to have the need to change the-"

"Bella, there are a few things that men need in their lives. A wife, a family and football. If you take one of those things away from a man he starts to crumble."  Emmett said in a dramatic voice.

"Emmett if you want to watch your football that bad just change the channel." I laughed.

From the corner of my eye I could see Rosaliie turning her head to look behind herself. "Yeah Emmett why don't you change the channel." She said in a sly voice.

I could hear the tone Rosalie use and I knew that Emmett wasn't changing the channel not because he didn't want to but because he was afraid of what Rosalie might do if he did. That made me curious to think of what Rosalie could do that made the 'strongest' vampire shake in his boots.